The Writer's Chronicle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LOOK OUT PUBLISHING WORLD! WE'RE MASSING TOGETHER AND ARE ON OUR WAY!

WC HomeHomeWC BlogPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I'm New Here - So I'm Sayin' Hi

Go down 
+5
emilycross
ReNu
Bluepolarbear
Novel-Goddess
JaxPop
9 posters
AuthorMessage
JaxPop
Brainstorming for Ideas
JaxPop

Male
Number of posts : 20
Job/hobbies : Construction Management / Writing
Registration date : 2009-02-20

I'm New Here - So I'm Sayin' Hi Empty
PostSubject: I'm New Here - So I'm Sayin' Hi   I'm New Here - So I'm Sayin' Hi EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 8:02 pm

Hi everyone - I was invited here, despite my advanced age (52), to visit with all you 'youngins' - I live in the haunted seaside town of St Augustine Florida, which makes me a beach freak. To pay the bills, I manage the construction of office buildings & medical centers. I write YA fiction for kids that like the beach, surfing, pirates, ghosts, & fast boats. My first book BAD LATITUDE - A Jack Rackham Adventure was published in November of '08. (Hint: My protagonist is a 15 year old named Jack - He's the descendant of the pirate Calico Jack Rackham. So.... if you're familiar with Pirates Of The Caribbean .... it's nothing like that. Ha! ) I have a blog that is not an infomercial begging for sales. Sometimes I post about writing, family (happily married 33 years - 2 grown sons & 2 grandkids), general wackiness, & the fun but crazy things that go on around here. You can find it at http://jaxpop.blogspot.com/ &, if you feel like it, you can click on the book title link on the left & read a free excerpt & a recent review. One last thing - every reader, so far, has said their favorite characters in the book are Jack & Kai. My favorite character happens to be Jack's grandfather, always referred to as Pop. My grandson's name is also Jack. Hmmmm.... could that be why I blog as JaxPop????

Thanks for havin' me. If you have any messages for me - type slow - I don't read as fast as I did in my younger days. JP
Back to top Go down
http://jaxpop.blogspot.com/
Novel-Goddess
Editor of the Board
Novel-Goddess

Female
Number of posts : 505
Job/hobbies : I write stuff.
Humor : My entire life is one of those "you had to be there" jokes.
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: I'm New Here - So I'm Sayin' Hi   I'm New Here - So I'm Sayin' Hi EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 8:16 pm

Hey! Another Floridian!!! Yay!
Well, okay...I live in Mississippi now. But I am FROM Florida. Waldo (AKA the Speed Trap, ha ha). I just love St Augustine. It's pretty awesome.

Glad you joined us! I'm Novel-Goddess (my friend came up with it. It's not vanity. Honest) but you can call me Novel. PM me or any of the other mods if you need anything! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.jenniferwhite.webs.com
Bluepolarbear
March Competition Winner
Bluepolarbear

Female
Number of posts : 162
Job/hobbies : Once Therapist, now SAHM.
Humor : Yes Please!
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: I'm New Here - So I'm Sayin' Hi   I'm New Here - So I'm Sayin' Hi EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 9:09 pm

Hi! I hope you enjoy the boards despite being surrounded by us younger ones! I am happy to see such an age variance though! The last board I was on made me feel really old. If you need anything feel free to let me or any of the other mods know.
Back to top Go down
ReNu
Lois Lane has nothing on ReNu
ReNu

Female
Number of posts : 382
Job/hobbies : Working journalist, aspiring novelist, history buff, collector of vintage fountain pens and war medals.
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I'm New Here - So I'm Sayin' Hi   I'm New Here - So I'm Sayin' Hi EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 9:42 pm

Wow, another published member! Congratulations Very Happy

Oh, and I'm following your blog.
Back to top Go down
http://write-ideas14.blogspot.com/
emilycross
The Boss of the Board
emilycross

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: I'm New Here - So I'm Sayin' Hi   I'm New Here - So I'm Sayin' Hi EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 2:35 am

Hey Jaxpop, welcome to the board Very Happy

I'm glad to see you! if you want me to put up a thread for you, just pm me and i'll use infor from your blog, so its easier for us all here to read about jack and kai!

Remember you have any issues/questions just pm me or the mods. Its great to have you, and like Blue was saying, variety is the spice of life Wink
Back to top Go down
https://thewriterschronicle.forumotion.net
daeonica
Editor of the Board
daeonica

Female
Number of posts : 369
Job/hobbies : on my gap year!
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: I'm New Here - So I'm Sayin' Hi   I'm New Here - So I'm Sayin' Hi EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 6:04 am

Hey!

Welcome to the forum. How is your book doing? What kind of things did you have to do to promote it?

I'm another one of the mods - please PM any of us if you have any questions or suggestions.

~daeonica
Back to top Go down
Lapillus
Informatio consuasor
Lapillus

Female
Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: I'm New Here - So I'm Sayin' Hi   I'm New Here - So I'm Sayin' Hi EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 8:52 am

Hello! Your book sounds fun. I'll definitely check it out! If you write YA I'm sure you're essentially just as young as the rest of us, only probably more wise. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://caseylmccormick.blogspot.com/
JaxPop
Brainstorming for Ideas
JaxPop

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm New Here - So I'm Sayin' Hi   I'm New Here - So I'm Sayin' Hi EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 9:07 am

Hey y'all - Thanks for the warm welcome.

Novel - I've been warned about that speed trap! I hope to see some of your writing on this board. It's cool that someone your age is into writing. I have 2 nieces that also write. 1 is 17 & has a completed MS & the other will be 15 & writes short stories.

Blue - If you felt old - I might feel ancient. I'll do my best to participate as much as I can.

ReNu - I saw your comment on my blog. Thanks for visiting. I'll visit yours as well. I'm trying to figure out what direction to take with my blog. I don't post for the sake of posting & I'm in the middle of book promo & trying to finish the sequel to BL - It's called RECKLESS ENDEAVOR &, hopefully it'll be out this summer. (Again - it's YA fiction/adventure) I need to check out your stuff ASAP.

Emily - Thanks again for inviting me. I'll PM (?) you with the info when I fiigure out how to do that.

Daeonica - Cool name. The book is doing remarkably well. I was working in Chicago for a few months & didn't get home 'til Christmas Eve - That delayed the book launch & I missed the chance to have the book stocked locally. This is a tourist town & lots of shops & historic sites are carrying it (partly because all locations in the book are real places in & around my hometown of St A) I've been doing lots of online promo & someone set up a fan club on FaceBook - My wife is an incredible 'marketer' . The funny thing is - the book is actually selling well in New England - Canada - Oregon - California & Southeast USA. Whowouldathunkit?

Lapillus - After you check out BL - let me know what you think. I'm all ears. I'm young at heart I suppose. I coached High School & college kids for years & most of "my kids" stay in touch regularly (most are now married with kids of their own). I've always managed to relate to kids & we raised 2 really awesome sons of our own. (They're a total riot.) All of these factors were huge when it came to writing for kids.

Again - Thanks everyone for your comments & offers of support.
Back to top Go down
Alpha
Brainstorming for Ideas
Alpha

Female
Number of posts : 8
Job/hobbies : anything worth a try is given a try ;)
Humor : no thank you :P
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: I'm New Here - So I'm Sayin' Hi   I'm New Here - So I'm Sayin' Hi EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 9:18 am

Hi JaxPop...welcome..Smile cheers
Back to top Go down
emilycross
The Boss of the Board
emilycross

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: I'm New Here - So I'm Sayin' Hi   I'm New Here - So I'm Sayin' Hi EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 9:32 am

Jaxpop - pm = private message, its like an internal email. If you go up to one of my posts, you'll see buttons at the bottom of the post like

profile pm email etc..

If you click pm it will open a email box where you can email me.

sorry if they are confusing instructions Smile
Back to top Go down
https://thewriterschronicle.forumotion.net
crwilson
Brainstorming for Ideas

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: I'm New Here - So I'm Sayin' Hi   I'm New Here - So I'm Sayin' Hi EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 9:49 am

Hey JaxPop. Your book sounds interesting. I always go for something with a mix of ghosts, pirates and treasure. This way you're bound to find an adventure. It's good to see such a variety of writers here!
Back to top Go down
JaxPop
Brainstorming for Ideas
JaxPop

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm New Here - So I'm Sayin' Hi   I'm New Here - So I'm Sayin' Hi EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 11:36 am

Emily - The instructions aren't confusing - I'm just a doofus w/ some of this stuff - my bad not yours

Alpha - Hi - Nice to meet you

CRW - Where I live is really haunted - I've got some wild nighttime photos with stuff showing up that can't be explained (& a friend in Indianapolis that's a ghost hunter planning to check things out in May - has all those weird gizmos & temp sensors). It's easy to get inspired down here & I mix lots of local history in with the tale (though it's often twisted to make the story better).

I need to catch up on everyone's profile info
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm New Here - So I'm Sayin' Hi   I'm New Here - So I'm Sayin' Hi Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm New Here - So I'm Sayin' Hi
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Writer's Chronicle :: Welcome to the Chronicles :: Introductions-
Jump to: