The Writer's Chronicle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LOOK OUT PUBLISHING WORLD! WE'RE MASSING TOGETHER AND ARE ON OUR WAY!

WC HomeHomeWC BlogPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Birthday Threads! Please read me!!

Go down 
5 posters

Do you wishing people Happy Birthday on their welcome threads?
Yes! I think it's fun.
Birthday Threads! Please read me!! I_vote_lcap85%Birthday Threads! Please read me!! I_vote_rcap
 85% [ 11 ]
Sure, but just because I can't wait for my birthday.
Birthday Threads! Please read me!! I_vote_lcap0%Birthday Threads! Please read me!! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Take it or leave it - the banners are fun, though.
Birthday Threads! Please read me!! I_vote_lcap8%Birthday Threads! Please read me!! I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
If I'm around, I will.
Birthday Threads! Please read me!! I_vote_lcap7%Birthday Threads! Please read me!! I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Nah, though I think it's cool.
Birthday Threads! Please read me!! I_vote_lcap0%Birthday Threads! Please read me!! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I think it's stupid.
 0% [ 0 ]
Mm. Cheese.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Ren
L'amour de Morgan
Ren

Male
Number of posts : 249
Job/hobbies : Daydreamning
Humor : Who? Where?
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Birthday Threads! Please read me!! Empty
PostSubject: Birthday Threads! Please read me!!   Birthday Threads! Please read me!! EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:44 pm

Apparently, I completely missed the word "like" in my poll question. And I either can't edit, or I haven't figured it out yet. Either way, I think you get the jist of the question.

Okay. So. If you haven't been weirded out by the ghost PMs yet, don't worry about it. If you have, here's the short of it.

Whenever someone has a birthday, I make a banner and try to send a mass PM to everyone. The problem is, there are so many people that I can't send a PM to everyone at once. It gets saved in my outbox for everyone the PM goes to, and I can only have 50 PMs sitting in there at once. So every name past number 50 doesn't get a PM. So I had the brilliant idea of sending the PM to half, deleting from my outbox, and then sending to the rest of you. Unfortunately, when I delete it from my outbox, I also delete it from your inbox. Hence, the notices of having a PM and not having one when you log in. (Sorry about that.)

So I need to email you directly.

If you would like to participate in the birthday ritual, as in, receive e-mail notifications of someone's birthday, and, of course, be a part of the birthday ring, please send me a PM with the email address you would like these notes sent to.

Also, so I'm not sending PMs to EVERYONE and only, say, twenty people actually want to do this, I will only be making banners for people who want to participate. This doesn't mean you have to wish everyone a happy birthday to get a banner on your special day, you don't even have to wish anyone a happy birthday, but send me your email so I know who's interested. That way people who think the whole thing is stupid don't get spammed with my e-mails every few days.

Sorry this was such a pain to get going, but I think if we do it this way, it will smoothline the process. (And make my life a little easier! :p)

Any questions, don't hesitate to PM me. Smile

PS - I don't judge what you say in the poll.

<3 Ren
Back to top Go down
Ren
L'amour de Morgan
Ren

Male

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Threads! Please read me!!   Birthday Threads! Please read me!! EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 2:08 pm

Glad you're interested! I'll add you to the list. Smile Mine's not until December. Smile

<3 Ren
Back to top Go down
daeonica
Editor of the Board
daeonica

Female
Number of posts : 369
Job/hobbies : on my gap year!

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Threads! Please read me!!   Birthday Threads! Please read me!! EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 4:14 pm

Guys, just remember the safety stuff about posting your addresses on the internet. If you want to share it in the post, then it's still a good idea to write it like: name (at) hotmail (dot) com or similar, to save it being picked up by spammers etc.
Back to top Go down
Ren
L'amour de Morgan
Ren

Male

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Threads! Please read me!!   Birthday Threads! Please read me!! EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 4:19 pm

Definitely agreeing with daeonica up there - in fact, what I'm going to do is write down the two posts with email addresses above and record them, so don't worry! I still have them! But I'm going to delete the posts. Please send me a PM with your email address. Besides hacking, the last thing we need is more spam, right guys? Very Happy

But don't worry, Novel and acushla712, I've got both your addresses already. Smile No need to resend.

<3 Ren
Back to top Go down
ReNu
Lois Lane has nothing on ReNu
ReNu

Female
Number of posts : 382
Job/hobbies : Working journalist, aspiring novelist, history buff, collector of vintage fountain pens and war medals.
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Threads! Please read me!!   Birthday Threads! Please read me!! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 12:38 pm

Hmmm...just wondering. I haven't got a banner-email in ever so long. Is it because no one on the birthday banner-list has had a birthday recently? Or have I been mistakenly deleted from the email list?
Back to top Go down
http://write-ideas14.blogspot.com/
Ren
L'amour de Morgan
Ren

Male

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Threads! Please read me!!   Birthday Threads! Please read me!! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 11:24 am

You're good, doll - you should have had a PM today. We had two!! But yes, there haven't been many birthdays lately. I try to stay on top of all the birthdays, but my priority falls onto the people who want to be involved with the list.

<3 Ren
Back to top Go down
ReNu
Lois Lane has nothing on ReNu
ReNu

Female
Number of posts : 382
Job/hobbies : Working journalist, aspiring novelist, history buff, collector of vintage fountain pens and war medals.
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Threads! Please read me!!   Birthday Threads! Please read me!! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 12:15 pm

Thanks very much! Yes, I did get the pm and already wished them. Now for the next one Smile
Back to top Go down
http://write-ideas14.blogspot.com/
Akurei_Enzeru
Our Poster Extradonaire
Akurei_Enzeru

Female
Number of posts : 232
Job/hobbies : Student; Unpublished Author; Artist; Musician; Composer
Humor : Dark, crude, disturbing....
Registration date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Threads! Please read me!!   Birthday Threads! Please read me!! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 2:01 pm

^^ i want to be on the list XD

but i already told you that =]

~Akurei Enzeru
Back to top Go down
http://blackrosechronicles.yolasite.com
xiaqinghua1989
Brainstorming for Ideas

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Threads! Please read me!!   Birthday Threads! Please read me!! EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 7:58 pm

where there is a will,there is a way。

authentic louis vuitton
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Threads! Please read me!!   Birthday Threads! Please read me!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Birthday Threads! Please read me!!
Page 1 of 1