The Writer's Chronicle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LOOK OUT PUBLISHING WORLD! WE'RE MASSING TOGETHER AND ARE ON OUR WAY!

WC HomeHomeWC BlogPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Twilight: the movie

Go down 
+3
daeonica
imaginary
emilycross
7 posters
AuthorMessage
emilycross
The Boss of the Board
emilycross

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Twilight: the movie Empty
PostSubject: Twilight: the movie   Twilight: the movie EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 12:07 pm

Want to rant or rave about your experience of KS and Rpatz? Share your opinion of the movie here.
Back to top Go down
https://thewriterschronicle.forumotion.net
imaginary
Typing the first word
imaginary

Female
Number of posts : 143
Job/hobbies : Writing, playing guitar, reading, drawing, listening to music
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: the movie   Twilight: the movie EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 1:10 pm

I thought the acting was pretty good. The special effects were horrible! You could see all the contacts in Robert's eyes!
Although the movie wasn't the greatest movie ever, it wasn't horrible! And I had fun going to a midnight showing where everyone was screaming and having lots of fun!
Back to top Go down
emilycross
The Boss of the Board
emilycross

Female

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: the movie   Twilight: the movie EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 1:51 pm

I went to see it today and honestly i was not happy with it. Like you said Imaginary - the camera work etc wasn't great and i didn't think script was great. Felt like they seemed to leap from one section of the bookl to the next which didn't help it flow, if that makes sense.

I loved charlie and billie - brilliant. Jess, mick and angela were brilliant too and Jacob was good too. I don't mind rpatz - think he was good but i'm just not sure about KS - Question
Back to top Go down
imaginary
Typing the first word
imaginary

Female

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: the movie   Twilight: the movie EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 4:26 pm

emilycross wrote:
I went to see it today and honestly i was not happy with it. Like you said Imaginary - the camera work etc wasn't great and i didn't think script was great. Felt like they seemed to leap from one section of the bookl to the next which didn't help it flow, if that makes sense.

I loved charlie and billie - brilliant. Jess, mick and angela were brilliant too and Jacob was good too. I don't mind rpatz - think he was good but i'm just not sure about KS - Question

Yeah, I think KS is brilliant at doing depressed and/or scared, but the happy moments she seems to have trouble with. Charlie cracked me up! The gun moment was hilarious!
Back to top Go down
daeonica
Editor of the Board
daeonica

Female
Number of posts : 369
Job/hobbies : on my gap year!
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: the movie   Twilight: the movie EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 4:23 am

emilycross wrote:
Felt like they seemed to leap from one section of the bookl to the next which didn't help it flow, if that makes sense.

That's exactly what I thought about a lot of it. It was like they picked out all the best scenes from the books, that the fans would like to see, and pushed them all together. It worked for me, because I've read the books a lot, but I could see why it has been getting such mixed reviews. If you hadn't read the book before you saw it, I think it would have been a bit confusing, and seemed to jump around a lot.

Having said that, I do actually like the film.
Back to top Go down
Ren
L'amour de Morgan
Ren

Male
Number of posts : 249
Job/hobbies : Daydreamning
Humor : Who? Where?

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: the movie   Twilight: the movie EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 7:26 pm

Dude so I totally watched the movie again last night and I actually kind of rediscovered the magic of Twilight. That little fluttering in the heart as Edward and Bella dance around each other at the beginning, the wanting them to get together, even though I know damn well how the whole series ends... it was cool.

Also, you know how James takes Wayland's jacket? When Victoria's taunting him, she has on a black sparkle shirt. But then, when they're walking onto the baseball diamond, she totally has on the green shirt Wayland was wearing. I love me that woman.

<3 Ren
Back to top Go down
*Moonlight_Mania*
Still typing first draft
*Moonlight_Mania*

Female
Number of posts : 203
Job/hobbies : Occupation: Student. Hobbies: Writing (duh), playing around with Photoshop, and singing.
Humor : Laughing at my spastic self
Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: the movie   Twilight: the movie EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 8:04 pm

I thought the acting on KS' part was awesome during certain scenes (ex. being scared or depressed or hurt). However, it seemed that she found it awkward to let out a smile. :/

RP, at sometimes, made me laugh...but not for reasons that are laughable (if that makes sense). Like when Bella first walks into the classroom and he just puts his hand over his mouth. I actually started laughing. Whoever told him to do that should never be involved in the film business. :/ It looked stupid to me and seemed to really downsize the situation.

I loved Charlie! Especially the part with the gun, as Imaginary said.

It seemed to make Bella's and Edward's relationship move too fast, but I guess you can't do much with such an hour and a half from a 500 page book. I thought they did the best they could do for the most part as far as pushing it together.

The special effects were, unfortunately, terrible. :[ Especially the vampire-running.

All in all, the book is way better, but I guess it always is Razz (Like in Harry Potter)
Back to top Go down
http://member.mibba.com/54014/
imaginary
Typing the first word
imaginary

Female

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: the movie   Twilight: the movie EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 5:13 pm

Yeah, I agree with you on the RP thing. That scene was my least favorite. At least the special effects are looking better in New Moon.
Back to top Go down
Ren
L'amour de Morgan
Ren

Male
Number of posts : 249
Job/hobbies : Daydreamning
Humor : Who? Where?

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: the movie   Twilight: the movie EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 11:27 am

I think Twilight needs some credit - I'm pretty sure it was planned as a low-budget indi film that just took off like crazy, so I don't think the effects are all that bad short of a multi-million dollar film, y'know?

<3 Ren
Back to top Go down
Bluepolarbear
March Competition Winner
Bluepolarbear

Female
Number of posts : 162
Job/hobbies : Once Therapist, now SAHM.
Humor : Yes Please!

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: the movie   Twilight: the movie EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 2:05 pm

It is a good movie in a way. Not my favorite, but non the less it's good, especially if one is watching it and making fun of it during certain scenes. My husband really liked it though! He wants to see New Moon when it gets out and I'll go too.
Back to top Go down
*Moonlight_Mania*
Still typing first draft
*Moonlight_Mania*

Female
Job/hobbies : Occupation: Student. Hobbies: Writing (duh), playing around with Photoshop, and singing.

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: the movie   Twilight: the movie EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 7:04 pm

Bluepolarbear wrote:
It is a good movie in a way. Not my favorite, but non the less it's good, especially if one is watching it and making fun of it during certain scenes.
You took the words out of my mouth exactly. Surprised
Back to top Go down
ReNu
Lois Lane has nothing on ReNu
ReNu

Female
Number of posts : 382
Job/hobbies : Working journalist, aspiring novelist, history buff, collector of vintage fountain pens and war medals.
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: the movie   Twilight: the movie EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 10:39 pm

I'm waiting for New Moon as well although I'm sure I'll like Taylor better than RP.
Back to top Go down
http://write-ideas14.blogspot.com/
emilycross
The Boss of the Board
emilycross

Female

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: the movie   Twilight: the movie EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 11:48 am

Well i think NM will be better cause its a] better directer b] better budget
Back to top Go down
*Moonlight_Mania*
Still typing first draft
*Moonlight_Mania*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: the movie   Twilight: the movie EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 8:18 pm

Definitely B. I really hope they do something about those effects. Laughing
Back to top Go down
emilycross
The Boss of the Board
emilycross

Female

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: the movie   Twilight: the movie EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 2:00 am

Laughing my friend came up to me last sat night and looked all meek.

"you're not going to believe it but i love that twilight film"

hahaha the last person in the world i'd expect to like it. I just told her - read the books its ten times better
Back to top Go down
ReNu
Lois Lane has nothing on ReNu
ReNu

Female
Number of posts : 382
Job/hobbies : Working journalist, aspiring novelist, history buff, collector of vintage fountain pens and war medals.
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: the movie   Twilight: the movie EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 10:33 am

Ten? The books are a few billion times better. But then books are ALWAYS better.
Back to top Go down
http://write-ideas14.blogspot.com/
*Moonlight_Mania*
Still typing first draft
*Moonlight_Mania*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: the movie   Twilight: the movie EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 3:47 pm

And that's saying something. xD Oh well, I guess people who don't know what to expect liked it.
Back to top Go down
emilycross
The Boss of the Board
emilycross

Female

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: the movie   Twilight: the movie EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 4:02 pm

Well i probably gave her low expectations. i was just soooo surprised how gusy she got over edward - she is not the type at all Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: the movie   Twilight: the movie Empty

Back to top Go down

Twilight: the movie
Page 1 of 1