LOOK OUT PUBLISHING WORLD! WE'RE MASSING TOGETHER AND ARE ON OUR WAY!

WC HomeHomeWC BlogPortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Real Life Supernatural Moments!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
emilycross
The Boss of the Board

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Real Life Supernatural Moments!   Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:08 am

Ok i'll start off my thread with one of my tales :

well this isn't 'very spooky' but i guess its supernaturalish.

but basically my grandmother told us that one night she had a dream that she was sitting on a train with her grandmother and they were having a conversation. The train was heading to her grandmother's house, when they arrived at the house her grandmother (my great-great grandmother) told her it would be all ok, and disappeared in a white light. My grandmother woke up and that morning heard her grandmother had died.
When i was a kid, we went to Australia to visit my uncles and aunts. My great-grandmother, my mother's grandmother wasn't well when we were leaving. Anyhoo about a week or so into our holiday, my mother had a dream that her grandmother came into the bedroom, sat on the bed and had a chat. At the end of the conversation, she told my mother it would be ok, and light appeared which my mum said made her feel wonderful and happy. Anyhoo, my mum woke up and we went about having our holiday but my mum felt uneasy about the dream so few days later she rang gran (my gran, her mother) and asked was great-gran alright etc. Gran told her she didn't want to ruin her holidays, but that my great-grandmother had died the night my mother had her dream.

So yeah, thats the little bit of real life 'spooky' that i have.

100/25 = 5 per year
25/5 = 1 per year
5/1 = 1 per 5 years

My blog / My Website / MySpace / Book Bundle Blog /
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thewriterschronicle.forumotion.net
Bluepolarbear
March Competition Winner

Female
Number of posts : 162
Job/hobbies : Once Therapist, now SAHM.
Humor : Yes Please!
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Real Life Supernatural Moments!   Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:31 pm

That's weird Emily. I haven't had any quite like that. But when we lived in North Dakota we lived across the street from a cemetery and I swore I saw ghosts in the basement where I slept. I still remember one night I woke up to use the bathroom and had to run upstairs to do that and there was this person standing at the end of the basement motioning me to come towards them. I didn't I just ran up the stairs freaked out.

Then we we moved to California I got a very old bed from my grandma and I woke up one night and saw this lady sitting on it just staring. I didn't feel threatened or anything, but I went back to sleep thinking it was my mom. Only when I woke up I realized it couldn't have been her because the lady was wearing an long old fashion night gown and had her hair braided over her shoulder. My mom doesn't have long hair or dress that way.

Also, sometimes I swear I feel a cat jumping onto the bed. I like to think it's Bear, my cat that died. But it's a feeling I've felt for a long time.

I've also had lots of dreams revolving around the house we had in California that involve demons living in it. There was one in specific where I felt like I was being smothered by something dark and to get out of that dream I had to call out to God. It's only that house too that is in dreams that way, none of us really liked it.

"What I like in a good author is not what he says but what he whispers."
Logan P. Smith

The Quill
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emilycross
The Boss of the Board

Female

PostSubject: Re: Real Life Supernatural Moments!   Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:14 pm

wow Blue, in regards to the house - that sounds so creepy!! and the mattress too!

100/25 = 5 per year
25/5 = 1 per year
5/1 = 1 per 5 years

Back to top Go down
Jon Paul
Outlining the plot

Male
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Real Life Supernatural Moments!   Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:04 pm

I'm not sure my story is in the same league as you guys, but it's true.

One morning I woke up and told my wife (then girlfriend) about a strange dream I had that night. It involved a lot of people from the cast of a play I was in at the time:"The Fantastiks." In the dream, many of the cast members walked around with white umbrellas and one of the people closest to me kept talking about all the rain.

A week later, during a performance, the roof started leaking. The water was actually coming into the the theater space and they were afraid there would be some sort of electricity related injury (lights, water on the stage, wires running everywhere)--so they stopped the performance and told us all to go outside.

Since we were all in costume they handed out white trashbags so we could cover our heads outside and try to stay dry. As soon as we got outside, it was just like in my dream. I tell you, as we stood in the rain I was having the strangest feeling and the recall on my dream was so strong it felt like a hallucination.

They got the leak solved and we finished the performance. After the show, I was sorta convinced that I had made the idea of the dream up in my head, that maybe I hadn't had the dream. The experience was that strong. I was second guessing myself.

Anyway, my wife comes to get me and I climb in the car and I ask her about the dream. Sure thing, she repeats the whole thing back to me just as I remembered it. Talk about disconcerting! And when I told what had happened during the show, she didn't believe me!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bluepolarbear
March Competition Winner

Female
Number of posts : 162
Job/hobbies : Once Therapist, now SAHM.
Humor : Yes Please!
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Real Life Supernatural Moments!   Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:31 pm

Jon Paul, I've had moments like that. It's creepy. Only I don't tell people because I get disbelief or I just doubt myself and blame it on sleep deprivation. Or the dream is so insignificant I forget it then remember it when the incident happens.

"What I like in a good author is not what he says but what he whispers."
Logan P. Smith

The Quill
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emilycross
The Boss of the Board

Female

PostSubject: Re: Real Life Supernatural Moments!   Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:15 am

Jon and Blue - this happens to me too, but i convince myself that my brain has hiccupped because i get deja vu so much it's not even funny.

Jon, thats excellent story, good idea telling your wife about it!

but i have to ask you something?

Any dreams about lottery numbers? Wink

100/25 = 5 per year
25/5 = 1 per year
5/1 = 1 per 5 years

Back to top Go down
Jon Paul
Outlining the plot

Male
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Real Life Supernatural Moments!   Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:23 am

Emily,

Of course I've had dreams about lottery numbers. How do you think I obtained my millions? afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Real Life Supernatural Moments!   

Back to top Go down

Real Life Supernatural Moments!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1