The Writer's Chronicle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LOOK OUT PUBLISHING WORLD! WE'RE MASSING TOGETHER AND ARE ON OUR WAY!

WC HomeHomeWC BlogPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Assignments or Challenges?

Go down 
+3
Ren
sdficklin
missjulie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
missjulie
Designing book covers
missjulie

Female
Number of posts : 108
Job/hobbies : Art Director
Humor : For teh lulz!
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Assignments or Challenges? Empty
PostSubject: Assignments or Challenges?   Assignments or Challenges? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 7:49 am

I wonder if people would be interested in weekly challenges and or assignments? Quick little short things to get the blood flowing, so-to-speak.

It could be weekly, like a meme. Or I could just post things as they come to me and people could do them whenever they need a creative boost?

I'd like to start it anyway, but which way would you guys be more interested in? And where should I put it? Hmmm... let me know!! ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://shinyshiny.wordpress.com
sdficklin
Outlining the plot
sdficklin

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Assignments or Challenges?   Assignments or Challenges? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 12:46 pm

Sounds like fun, if it's not too much work! tongue
Back to top Go down
http://sherryficklin.com/Home_Page.html
Ren
L'amour de Morgan
Ren

Male
Number of posts : 249
Job/hobbies : Daydreamning
Humor : Who? Where?
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Assignments or Challenges?   Assignments or Challenges? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 3:07 pm

Count me in! I'm horrid with writing short stories (they turn into novels) so this would be perfect practice for me.

<3 Ren
Back to top Go down
ReNu
Lois Lane has nothing on ReNu
ReNu

Female
Number of posts : 382
Job/hobbies : Working journalist, aspiring novelist, history buff, collector of vintage fountain pens and war medals.
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Assignments or Challenges?   Assignments or Challenges? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 9:11 pm

Good idea. As long as there's no need to write poetry.
Back to top Go down
http://write-ideas14.blogspot.com/
Ren
L'amour de Morgan
Ren

Male

PostSubject: Re: Assignments or Challenges?   Assignments or Challenges? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 9:52 pm

A poetry challenge would be wonderful - I'm sure, of course, ReNu, you're more than welcome to decline a challenge if poetry isn't your thing. Smile
Back to top Go down
imaginary
Typing the first word
imaginary

Female
Number of posts : 143
Job/hobbies : Writing, playing guitar, reading, drawing, listening to music
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Assignments or Challenges?   Assignments or Challenges? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 9:57 pm

Poetry would be cool or something short because I don't have a ton of time on my hands! Sounds like fun! Smile
Back to top Go down
ReNu
Lois Lane has nothing on ReNu
ReNu

Female
Number of posts : 382
Job/hobbies : Working journalist, aspiring novelist, history buff, collector of vintage fountain pens and war medals.
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Assignments or Challenges?   Assignments or Challenges? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 7:22 am

Ren wrote:
A poetry challenge would be wonderful - I'm sure, of course, ReNu, you're more than welcome to decline a challenge if poetry isn't your thing. Smile

That is an understatement. I love reading poetry but suck bigtime at writing it Sad
Back to top Go down
http://write-ideas14.blogspot.com/
Ren
L'amour de Morgan
Ren

Male

PostSubject: Re: Assignments or Challenges?   Assignments or Challenges? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 8:40 am

Well, I'm not very good at writing it, either, ReNu, but I do like writing it, even if it's not very good. If you feel like you're in the same boat, then you should totally give a poetry challenge a shot - everyone here is uber helpful, and constructive. I'm sure they'd be good at giving me tips for writing better poetry. And, of course, if you don't enjoy poetry, you can just give feedback. Smile Hooray!
Back to top Go down
emilycross
The Boss of the Board
emilycross

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Assignments or Challenges?   Assignments or Challenges? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 9:44 am

i think this is a great idea!!! we should set up a monthly competition or something with abstract theme e.g. love and can do short story and poetry for it. we could vote anonymous on one in each category or something! Very Happy

I'm going to set up a competition thread in the short story section so we can discuss how we want to do this? Competition or sharing work etc.

Here is the thread to discuss ideas about how/what would be good e.g. competition or just writing exercises etc. Monthly Writing Challenge

and when we have an idea of what we want - i'll maybe set up a challenge category or set up a thread in short story or poetry section.
Back to top Go down
https://thewriterschronicle.forumotion.net
Bluepolarbear
March Competition Winner
Bluepolarbear

Female
Number of posts : 162
Job/hobbies : Once Therapist, now SAHM.
Humor : Yes Please!
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Assignments or Challenges?   Assignments or Challenges? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 3:23 pm

I'd be interested in trying now and again. I sometimes have problems writing under pressure, but I'd love to try!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assignments or Challenges?   Assignments or Challenges? Empty

Back to top Go down

Assignments or Challenges?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Writer's Chronicle :: Welcome to the Chronicles :: Queries/Suggestions-
Jump to: