The Writer's Chronicle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LOOK OUT PUBLISHING WORLD! WE'RE MASSING TOGETHER AND ARE ON OUR WAY!

WC HomeHomeWC BlogPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

new to the group

Go down 
+3
emilycross
Novel-Goddess
crwilson
7 posters
AuthorMessage
crwilson
Brainstorming for Ideas

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-20

new to the group Empty
PostSubject: new to the group   new to the group EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 9:42 am

Hey everyone. My name is Cindy. It looks like you have a wonderful group of aspiring and talented writers here. It's nice to find a place where people can support and encourage each other. I am a writer of Christian fiction. My first book will be released before summer (hopefully). I write mostly contemporary fiction, but I've tried my hand at paramormal YA and would love to write out this idea I have for a fantasy series. All in good time, I suppose. Anyway, I hope to get to know you all and if you'd like to visit my blog, it's www.cindyrwilson.blogspot.com. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Novel-Goddess
Editor of the Board
Novel-Goddess

Female
Number of posts : 505
Job/hobbies : I write stuff.
Humor : My entire life is one of those "you had to be there" jokes.
Registration date : 2009-02-07

new to the group Empty
PostSubject: Re: new to the group   new to the group EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 9:44 am

Hey and welcome! I'm Novel. PM me or any of the other mods if you need anything! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.jenniferwhite.webs.com
emilycross
The Boss of the Board
emilycross

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2009-02-05

new to the group Empty
PostSubject: Re: new to the group   new to the group EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 9:54 am

Hi Cindy!

Welcome to the board, if you have any issues etc pm me or the other mods.

Stupid question but what exactly is christian fiction? is it like stories whic have a moral?

BTW maybe you could tell us a bit more about the book, its name and maybe a little synopsis? If you like you could pm me and i'll set up a promo thread for you?
Back to top Go down
https://thewriterschronicle.forumotion.net
crwilson
Brainstorming for Ideas

new to the group Empty
PostSubject: Re: new to the group   new to the group EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 4:30 pm

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, Christian fiction would be considered to have a moral of sorts. But more, it is a reflection of my faith and the novels are written around a Christian worldview. Basically, characters who either share a Christian faith or are dealing with struggles in their lives that deal with their beliefs or their lack of beliefs. My first book fits snugly into that category. The others, though they are Christian, also have other aspects. Supernatural and such.

The first book of mine to be published (not released yet) is called Through It All. It's about a young girl who receives a prophecy for her life. She grows into a woman dealing with all the events from this prophecy and struggling with her faith. It's contemporary with a little romance.

I'm not sure what you mean by a promo thread, but it sounds good. I am still new to all of this and just trying to build a platform. Evidently I realized a bit late how important this way. Anyway, I'd gladly share more about my books or anyone who wants to can check out my blog.
Back to top Go down
emilycross
The Boss of the Board
emilycross

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2009-02-05

new to the group Empty
PostSubject: Re: new to the group   new to the group EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 8:04 pm

well i've set one up for Leigh russell here:

https://thewriterschronicle.forumotion.net/the-published-f17/the-leigh-russell-thread-t97.htm

this should give you an idea of what i mean.
Back to top Go down
https://thewriterschronicle.forumotion.net
ReNu
Lois Lane has nothing on ReNu
ReNu

Female
Number of posts : 382
Job/hobbies : Working journalist, aspiring novelist, history buff, collector of vintage fountain pens and war medals.
Registration date : 2009-02-08

new to the group Empty
PostSubject: Re: new to the group   new to the group EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 10:02 pm

Welcome, Cindy. I'll visit your blog. Hope you're published soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://write-ideas14.blogspot.com/
daeonica
Editor of the Board
daeonica

Female
Number of posts : 369
Job/hobbies : on my gap year!
Registration date : 2009-02-07

new to the group Empty
PostSubject: Re: new to the group   new to the group EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 4:09 am

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I hope you have fun posting here, and find it useful.
I'm another one of the moderators here if you have any questions or queries. Just PM one of us! Very Happy

~daeonica
Back to top Go down
Lapillus
Informatio consuasor
Lapillus

Female
Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-02-19

new to the group Empty
PostSubject: Re: new to the group   new to the group EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 9:19 am

Welcome! Congrats on your upcoming debut novel!
Back to top Go down
http://caseylmccormick.blogspot.com/
crwilson
Brainstorming for Ideas

new to the group Empty
PostSubject: Re: new to the group   new to the group EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 3:04 pm

Emily, that would actually be great. I will be getting more information about my book in the upcoming months so I can keep you posted. Thanks for the wonderful support and welcome here!
Cindy
Back to top Go down
Bluepolarbear
March Competition Winner
Bluepolarbear

Female
Number of posts : 162
Job/hobbies : Once Therapist, now SAHM.
Humor : Yes Please!
Registration date : 2009-02-06

new to the group Empty
PostSubject: Re: new to the group   new to the group EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 5:52 pm

Hi and welcome to the boards! That's awesome you might have a book published by the summer, I hope it works out. If you have any questions feel free to PM me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new to the group Empty
PostSubject: Re: new to the group   new to the group Empty

Back to top Go down

new to the group
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Writer's Chronicle :: Welcome to the Chronicles :: Introductions-
Jump to: