The Writer's Chronicle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LOOK OUT PUBLISHING WORLD! WE'RE MASSING TOGETHER AND ARE ON OUR WAY!

WC HomeHomeWC BlogPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

JM says Hi from Canada!... brrr...

Go down 
+3
Bluepolarbear
emilycross
JM
7 posters
AuthorMessage
JM
Brainstorming for Ideas

Female
Number of posts : 3
Job/hobbies : Freelancer, mommy, Nature Junkie
Registration date : 2009-03-02

JM says Hi from Canada!... brrr... Empty
PostSubject: JM says Hi from Canada!... brrr...   JM says Hi from Canada!... brrr... EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 8:44 am

(It's minus thirty-six outside! Yikes!)

Hello everyone! I'd like to at first warn you of my computer unsavvoy... technology and me, um, we've never gotten on too well, but we manage to make things work most of the time! At twenty-eight I am a freelancing columist for a city paper in Grande Prairie, Alberta, and am a nutty mom of two small boys who keep me from needing a gym membership. Last May I did the last edit of my YA Fantasy, A Treasure of Dreams, and since December, have been looking about for an Agent... no luck so far.

Thank you to Emily Cross, The Boss, for introducing me to The Writer's Chronicle; I'm looking forward to meeting others like myself, Virgin Writers in search of knowledge, friends, and recognition!

(All together now...) "LOOK OUT PUBLISHING WORLD! WE'RE MASSING TOGETHER AND ARE ON OUR WAY!"

... you better believe it!

JM

... check out my blog virginwrites.blogspot.com...
Back to top Go down
http://virginwrites.blogspot.com, afantasywritersfantasy.blogspo
emilycross
The Boss of the Board
emilycross

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: JM says Hi from Canada!... brrr...   JM says Hi from Canada!... brrr... EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 9:37 am

Hey JM!! WELCOME cheers

Your our 51st MEMBER cheers

Anyhoo, welcome to the boards, its great to have you! I'm glad you could make it over here (and i love the respect 'the boss' - others puhlease take note Wink )

Tell us a little about your MS, there are lots of YA fantasy writers here, so i think you'll find yourself already among friends!!

I think

LOOK OUT PUBLISHING WORLD! WE'RE MASSING TOGETHER AND ARE ON OUR WAY!

Will have to become our slogan now. mwahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
https://thewriterschronicle.forumotion.net
Bluepolarbear
March Competition Winner
Bluepolarbear

Female
Number of posts : 162
Job/hobbies : Once Therapist, now SAHM.
Humor : Yes Please!
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: JM says Hi from Canada!... brrr...   JM says Hi from Canada!... brrr... EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 9:45 am

Hi JM, welcome to the site. Sounds like cold weather, I vaguely remember weather like that. Hope you enjoy the boards and welcome! If you have any questions feel free to ask!
Back to top Go down
ReNu
Lois Lane has nothing on ReNu
ReNu

Female
Number of posts : 382
Job/hobbies : Working journalist, aspiring novelist, history buff, collector of vintage fountain pens and war medals.
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: JM says Hi from Canada!... brrr...   JM says Hi from Canada!... brrr... EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 10:08 am

Excellent, above 50 members! cheers

Welcome, JM! Hope you find the right agent soon. And maybe you could drop in the Journalism and Freelancing thread and share knowledge with aspiring journos like myself.
Back to top Go down
http://write-ideas14.blogspot.com/
JM
Brainstorming for Ideas

Female
Number of posts : 3
Job/hobbies : Freelancer, mommy, Nature Junkie
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: JM says Hi from Canada!... brrr...   JM says Hi from Canada!... brrr... EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 11:03 am

Bluepolarbear! I'm a craft nut too! Just thought I'd share that hehe!

My manuscript; whenever I get asked about it a cold sweat breaks out over my skin as terrifying flashbacks of synopsis creation leave me momentarily speechless...

... but I'm okay now... (breathe 1-2-3, breathe 1-2-3...)

A Treasure of Dreams finds seventeen year old Lynette, a disturbed young woman who has suffered a School Shooting, waking in a strange but fantastic world to be greeted by a giant, winged Beast. Demanding from her 'The Key', and continually addressing her as 'Zehorie', Lynette fears her identity has been greatly mistaken, but as a dark danger, The Blackness, a threat the leather Greeter and his world has never before seen, sweeps through the newly discovered land destroying all that is beautiful, Lynette begins to see freightening similarities between it and the pain of her past.

Deciding she might be the cause of this new world's torture Lynette recoils, and is returned to her own world alone and without answers... In order to save herself as well as the Greeter and his realm, Lynette must remember what is means to live... and be brave enough to see herself as more than just an ordinary girl of seventeen years...

...(breathe 1-2-3, breathe 1-2-3...)

(Thanks for the note ReNu!... I'm so excited, none of my friends enjoy reading or writing... it's so nice to be meeting others with these interests! Yay us! Smile
[left]
Back to top Go down
http://virginwrites.blogspot.com, afantasywritersfantasy.blogspo
emilycross
The Boss of the Board
emilycross

Female

PostSubject: Re: JM says Hi from Canada!... brrr...   JM says Hi from Canada!... brrr... EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 11:15 am

OOOooooh JM, that sounds intriquing! Its a great synopsis (no need for breathing exercises Wink ) - makes me want to know more!!
Back to top Go down
Ren
L'amour de Morgan
Ren

Male
Number of posts : 249
Job/hobbies : Daydreamning
Humor : Who? Where?
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: JM says Hi from Canada!... brrr...   JM says Hi from Canada!... brrr... EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 12:20 pm

We shall take the Publishing World by storm! Siege, my friends!

Hallo! I'm the enthusiastic and disgustingly chipper Ren! Welcome to the boards! I'm quite the chatterbox, so if you're ever confused about anything, feel free to shoot me a PM. Questions, comments, or even if you just want to chat about anything, I'm virtually always online. Except when I sleep. Which isn't all that often.

Looking forward to seeing you around~

<3 Ren
Back to top Go down
emilycross
The Boss of the Board
emilycross

Female

PostSubject: Re: JM says Hi from Canada!... brrr...   JM says Hi from Canada!... brrr... EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 1:03 pm

Anyone else notice the motto change under the banner? at the top of the page?

*cough*

hehehehe
Back to top Go down
Ren
L'amour de Morgan
Ren

Male
Number of posts : 249
Job/hobbies : Daydreamning
Humor : Who? Where?

PostSubject: Re: JM says Hi from Canada!... brrr...   JM says Hi from Canada!... brrr... EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 3:05 pm

I totally did! And before you posted that ^ too!!!

<3 Ren
Back to top Go down
Lapillus
Informatio consuasor
Lapillus

Female
Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: JM says Hi from Canada!... brrr...   JM says Hi from Canada!... brrr... EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 3:37 pm

Welcome! Your novels sounds interesting. Best wishes in the agent hunt. I have the same issue with not having any friends that write. It's really nice being surrounded by them in the internet world!
Back to top Go down
http://caseylmccormick.blogspot.com/
Novel-Goddess
Editor of the Board
Novel-Goddess

Female
Number of posts : 505
Job/hobbies : I write stuff.
Humor : My entire life is one of those &quot;you had to be there&quot; jokes.

PostSubject: Re: JM says Hi from Canada!... brrr...   JM says Hi from Canada!... brrr... EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 3:42 pm

Hey and welcome to the Chronicle! I'm Novel, one of the mods here. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.jenniferwhite.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JM says Hi from Canada!... brrr...   JM says Hi from Canada!... brrr... Empty

Back to top Go down

JM says Hi from Canada!... brrr...
Page 1 of 1