The Writer's Chronicle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LOOK OUT PUBLISHING WORLD! WE'RE MASSING TOGETHER AND ARE ON OUR WAY!

WC HomeHomeWC BlogPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Questions from one century to another

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Akurei_Enzeru
Our Poster Extradonaire
Akurei_Enzeru

Female
Number of posts : 232
Job/hobbies : Student; Unpublished Author; Artist; Musician; Composer
Humor : Dark, crude, disturbing....
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Questions from one century to another Empty
PostSubject: Questions from one century to another   Questions from one century to another EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 9:23 am

I don't know if this goes her, but I'll post it here for now and if it's not meant to be here, I guess I'll have to move it ^^

Ok, i'm sure some of you have read or heard of the Novel, Dracula {truthfully i don't know how someone could NOT know about it}.

Well one of my stand alone novels is called Daciana. It is a story that deprives off of Dracula. It takes place about two years after the 'death' of Dracula and starts on Halloween night. A girl, Daciana, is connected to the strange wolves that surround Dracula's castle and they come and claim her in the night to become one of them. The novel is about her going through the change from a human in a small village in Transylvania, to the pack leader of a huge wolf clan. She also discovers a few things while hiding out in Dracula's castle. The novel also covers her sister and her best friends struggles to find her and unlock the secrets of their family. It seems she is more tied to the wolves, and Dracula himself, then any of them knew.

Now that isn't really a good summery but you get the idea. My question is, should i persue this, does it sound like a good idea? or should i just leave it be....

I trust the people here pretty well, so if anyone wants to read the first chapter or so, PM me and i'll send it. I'm not sure what to do with this just yet, so i'm asking for your guidence ^^

~Akurei Enzeru
Back to top Go down
http://blackrosechronicles.yolasite.com
the1stdaughter
Fleshing out those Characters
the1stdaughter

Female
Number of posts : 60
Job/hobbies : SAHM
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Questions from one century to another   Questions from one century to another EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 10:49 am

I think it sounds really interesting and I think it would be a great idea. Really, any writing you can do only helps you to be a better writer. So, if I were you I would definitely pursue the story line, even if in the end it was only for you it may open other doors you never knew were there.

PS...I'd love to read a chapter!
Back to top Go down
http://the1stdaughter.blogspot.com/
Akurei_Enzeru
Our Poster Extradonaire
Akurei_Enzeru

Female

PostSubject: Re: Questions from one century to another   Questions from one century to another EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 11:00 am

^^ thanks, I am going to finish the work, i'm just not sure if i should try to publish it or not yet.... =]

I'll send you a chapter if it fits in a PM if not, I'll ask for your email.

~Akurei Enzeru
Back to top Go down
daeonica
Editor of the Board
daeonica

Female
Number of posts : 369
Job/hobbies : on my gap year!
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Questions from one century to another   Questions from one century to another EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 11:56 am

Which bit is it that you are worried about?
Is it that you aren't sure if the idea is good enough? Or was it to do with the fact that that it's inspired by Dracula?
Back to top Go down
Akurei_Enzeru
Our Poster Extradonaire
Akurei_Enzeru

Female

PostSubject: Re: Questions from one century to another   Questions from one century to another EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 12:07 pm

Some what both. Also i'm not sure if the idea would catch on...

~Akurei Enzeru
Back to top Go down
daeonica
Editor of the Board
daeonica

Female

PostSubject: Re: Questions from one century to another   Questions from one century to another EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 12:16 pm

OK, I think you don't really need to worry about the fact it's inspired by Dracula, unless it leans heavily on the book. Since Stoker's 'Dracula' (which I'm very familiar with - I wrote my personal study (mini-dissertation thing) on it last year) there have been a lot of books about Dracula, especially recently with the rise in popularity of vampire novels.

As for the idea, I think that's really something you'll be able to decide best for yourself. Why not have a look at these three links about ideas from the agent Nathan Bransford. They are very useful.
It's important to have a good premise...
But execution is more important than originality

And this one, which I found very helpful: Do you have a plot?
Back to top Go down
Akurei_Enzeru
Our Poster Extradonaire
Akurei_Enzeru

Female

PostSubject: Re: Questions from one century to another   Questions from one century to another EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 12:29 pm

Oh yes, I've read those. Nathan Bransford is a very good source for answering questions ^^

Your right, in the end i must decide it. So i guess this post is really just to see if anyone likes my idea ^^

~Akurei Enzeru
Back to top Go down
daeonica
Editor of the Board
daeonica

Female

PostSubject: Re: Questions from one century to another   Questions from one century to another EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 12:32 pm

Yes, opinions are very helpful.
One of the reasons that I'm posting my (very rough) first draft on deviantArt as I go along is to get some early reactions - the fact that there are people commenting that they like it is very encouraging, and helps me keep going with writing it. It's good to know that I'm not just writing it for me, that there are other people out there who want to see what happens next.
Back to top Go down
Akurei_Enzeru
Our Poster Extradonaire
Akurei_Enzeru

Female

PostSubject: Re: Questions from one century to another   Questions from one century to another EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 12:36 pm

I'd love to read it as well, could you give me a link?

And i know what you mean, right now i'm trying to make a website for my main novel series and i'm hoping it works smoothly ^^

~Akurei Enzeru
Back to top Go down
daeonica
Editor of the Board
daeonica

Female

PostSubject: Re: Questions from one century to another   Questions from one century to another EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 12:40 pm

Sure, this is the first chapter: Dangerous Dances, chapter 1. It is only my first draft, though, so any comments at all will be helpful when I come back to edit it.
Back to top Go down
Akurei_Enzeru
Our Poster Extradonaire
Akurei_Enzeru

Female

PostSubject: Re: Questions from one century to another   Questions from one century to another EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 12:45 pm

Ok I'll be sure to read it!

Right now i'm finishing the last two chapters in one of my novels, and i'm on a roll so as soon as i'm done, I'll read!

~Akurei Enzeru
Back to top Go down
*Moonlight_Mania*
Still typing first draft
*Moonlight_Mania*

Female
Number of posts : 203
Job/hobbies : Occupation: Student. Hobbies: Writing (duh), playing around with Photoshop, and singing.
Humor : Laughing at my spastic self
Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Questions from one century to another   Questions from one century to another EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 4:18 pm

I think it sounds like a great idea. The only thing I'm concerned about is that if you would ever be able to get it published, since it's based off of another novel. However, Dracula might be old enough and a classic that you could get away with it. After all, it seems to have started a vampire craze. :] But it definitely sounds interesting. I'd love to read a chapter when you finish! ^-^
Back to top Go down
http://member.mibba.com/54014/
Akurei_Enzeru
Our Poster Extradonaire
Akurei_Enzeru

Female

PostSubject: Re: Questions from one century to another   Questions from one century to another EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 4:38 pm

I'll send you a chapter now if you want ^^

I think I'll publish my first novel series and then try with this one =]

I love this story though, its so much fun to write ^^

~Akurei Enzeru
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions from one century to another   Questions from one century to another Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions from one century to another
Page 1 of 1