The Writer's Chronicle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LOOK OUT PUBLISHING WORLD! WE'RE MASSING TOGETHER AND ARE ON OUR WAY!

WC HomeHomeWC BlogPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

In need of some positive affirmation

Go down 
+4
dianapaz
emilycross
daeonica
Wendy Sparrow
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Wendy Sparrow
Brainstorming for Ideas

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-09-18

In need of some positive affirmation Empty
PostSubject: In need of some positive affirmation   In need of some positive affirmation EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 10:03 am

Hi, my name is Wendy Sparrow. I write just about everything, but I'm considering limiting myself to YA.

Wow... suddenly my writing skills are failing me, but I've got a nasty cold, so that might contribute to the problem.

Uhh... I guess my defining characteristics are that I have severe OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and my writing has become an obsession. With OCD, I have insomnia and sleeping more the five hours is rare, and that makes me a prolific writer. If I don't get the stories out of my head, I can't sleep.

I also have two children with Autism and dealing with their care and needs inspires a retreat into fantasy sometimes.

Wow... I normally blather on and on, but I just can't think of anything.

If you'd like to visit my blog, that would be awesome. I just got a rejection from DAW yesterday, so I feel a little kicked while down.

http://ladybugsroar.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
daeonica
Editor of the Board
daeonica

Female
Number of posts : 369
Job/hobbies : on my gap year!
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: In need of some positive affirmation   In need of some positive affirmation EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 10:55 am

Hi Wendy, welcome to the forums!

I'm daeonica, or dae for short, and I'm one of the friendly neighbourhood moderators Smile

Feel free to PM me with any questions, comments, or suggestions for the site.

Please get stuck in to posting, we'd love to have your opinions Very Happy

~daeonica
Back to top Go down
emilycross
The Boss of the Board
emilycross

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: In need of some positive affirmation   In need of some positive affirmation EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 11:14 am

Welcome to the board Wendy!!

If you have any questions/queries please pm me or any of the other mods

At the writer's chronicles were all about positivism!!

I'm sorry about the rejection! i read it off your blog, (well done on posting it - very brave Smile )

BUT i think for a rejection it is very positive and they even took the time to not send you a 'form letter' - and of course they asked you to consider them in the future too, which makes me think they see lots of potential, which is amazing!!

theres always a silver linning to these things - and i think the fact they see and commented on your potential and took the time to give you constructive criticism speaks volumnes Smile
Back to top Go down
https://thewriterschronicle.forumotion.net
Wendy Sparrow
Brainstorming for Ideas

PostSubject: Re: In need of some positive affirmation   In need of some positive affirmation EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 11:41 am

Aww... thanks, Emily. I thought for a rejection it was fairly positive too. I'm still trying to figure out my direction from here and maybe wandering around the boards will help. I'll jump into that after I've finished a revision I'm working on.

Thanks for inviting me here. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dianapaz
Always looking on the Bright Side

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-09-07

PostSubject: Re: In need of some positive affirmation   In need of some positive affirmation EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 12:44 pm

Hi Wendy, welcome! I'm a new poster here too Smile

I commented on your blog and agree with Emily about the oxymoronic nice rejection... take heart, most of the time it's only a form letter so you're doing very well!

Take care and pm me anytime!
Diana
Back to top Go down
http://www.writingrollercoasters.blogspot.com
gobblegobble
Editing the First draft
gobblegobble

Female
Number of posts : 251
Job/hobbies : My job is being a Mom and My hobby is writing.
Humor : "Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice!"
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: In need of some positive affirmation   In need of some positive affirmation EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 3:26 pm

Welcome Wendy! Glad you could join us!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gobblingthesnippets.blogspot.com
Novel-Goddess
Editor of the Board
Novel-Goddess

Female
Number of posts : 505
Job/hobbies : I write stuff.
Humor : My entire life is one of those "you had to be there" jokes.
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: In need of some positive affirmation   In need of some positive affirmation EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 9:16 am

Hey and welcome, Wendy! Glad you could join us. I'm Novel, one of the mods here. Feel free to PM me if you need anything! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.jenniferwhite.webs.com
The Sesquipedalian
Our own personal Thesaurus
The Sesquipedalian

Female
Number of posts : 55
Job/hobbies : I work as a GIS Manager and write whenever I can grab a few minutes

PostSubject: Re: In need of some positive affirmation   In need of some positive affirmation EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 3:16 pm

Hi Wendy! I'm new here, too. I think we'll get along just fine. We've got a lot in common: I'm currently writing YA, I've been called OCD by more than one person (I lost count some time back) and I have one Autistic son, who is just amazing but definitely keeps me on my toes some days.

Sorry about the rejection, but at least it means you've reached the point where you're submitting your work and that's a really positive thing. I've just recently started writing seriously (if you don't count all the non-fiction, non-published things I've written, like reports, contracts, my Master's thesis (well, I guess that was sort of published), etc.).
Back to top Go down
http://confessionsofasesquipedalian.blogspot.com/
The Sesquipedalian
The Sesquipedalian

Female
Job/hobbies : I work as a GIS Manager and write whenever I can grab a few minutes

PostSubject: Re: In need of some positive affirmation   In need of some positive affirmation EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 3:17 pm

Oh, and I have some pretty amazing insomnia, too.

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Wendy Sparrow
Brainstorming for Ideas

PostSubject: Re: In need of some positive affirmation   In need of some positive affirmation EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 4:50 pm

I live in Washington State also. We do have a lot in common.
Back to top Go down
The Sesquipedalian
The Sesquipedalian

Female

PostSubject: Re: In need of some positive affirmation   In need of some positive affirmation EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 9:40 am

Wow, Wendy, we really do. Are you in Western Washington, or Eastern? I'm over on the East side, though I grew up on the "wet" side. Smile
Back to top Go down
Wendy Sparrow
Brainstorming for Ideas

PostSubject: Re: In need of some positive affirmation   In need of some positive affirmation EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 12:35 am

I totally ran off and forgot to post. I'm at like "head blow" levels of forgetful.

I live in Western Washington... a ferry ride from Seattle.
Back to top Go down
dianapaz

PostSubject: Re: In need of some positive affirmation   In need of some positive affirmation EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 10:48 am

Are there ferries in Washington, Wendy?
Back to top Go down
Wendy Sparrow
Brainstorming for Ideas

PostSubject: Re: In need of some positive affirmation   In need of some positive affirmation EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 11:21 am

I believe in ferries, Diana, you know that. The last thing we need is a bunch of ferries to drop dead. Everyone together: "I do believe in ferries."
Back to top Go down
dianapaz

PostSubject: Re: In need of some positive affirmation   In need of some positive affirmation EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 2:29 pm

Yes, I did know, and it was sly of me to test your faith like that. I do believe in ferries too.
Back to top Go down
*Moonlight_Mania*
Still typing first draft
*Moonlight_Mania*

Female
Number of posts : 203
Job/hobbies : Occupation: Student. Hobbies: Writing (duh), playing around with Photoshop, and singing.
Humor : Laughing at my spastic self
Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: In need of some positive affirmation   In need of some positive affirmation EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 6:02 pm

...I live in New York, about 45 minutes from a ferry into the city...

Anyway, hello! Sorry for the late introduction, but my name is Moon. I'm often very busy with multiple AP classes (*is still in high school*), so I just float in and out of this forum. Nice to meet you!
Back to top Go down
http://member.mibba.com/54014/
Wendy Sparrow
Brainstorming for Ideas

PostSubject: Re: In need of some positive affirmation   In need of some positive affirmation EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 6:29 pm

For those that are wondering if Diana has lost her mind, she has, but I posted a conversation in my blog a week or so ago about my son asking me how ferries float.... Homophones being what they are, I told him that we didn't believe in fairies, but then I said that we shouldn't say that because a fairy drops dead each time. This thoroughly confused my poor six year old until we finally figured out we were talking about different things.

Anyway, so, now you're in on the "inside" joke there....

I do believe in ferries.
Back to top Go down
emilycross
The Boss of the Board
emilycross

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: In need of some positive affirmation   In need of some positive affirmation EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 6:42 am

Laughing aw that is so cute!!!

Definitely something to put in your notes Wendy, who knows when that little story might be good in a novel
Back to top Go down
https://thewriterschronicle.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In need of some positive affirmation   In need of some positive affirmation Empty

Back to top Go down

In need of some positive affirmation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Writer's Chronicle :: Welcome to the Chronicles :: Introductions-
Jump to: