The Writer's Chronicle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LOOK OUT PUBLISHING WORLD! WE'RE MASSING TOGETHER AND ARE ON OUR WAY!

WC HomeHomeWC BlogPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hello....uh....yeah

Go down 
+3
daeonica
Novel-Goddess
kasie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kasie
Brainstorming for Ideas

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Hello....uh....yeah Empty
PostSubject: Hello....uh....yeah   Hello....uh....yeah EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 1:08 pm

Hey, all you fellow writing people out there. I am Kasie. I have 4 children and 5 books. I always want to say I have 9 children, but that might scare people. I've always loved to write, but last year I caught the writing bug and pumped out my 4 book series as though writing was going out of style. I've since slowed my obsessive pace and find that I am a lot more sane. Well, as sane as a writer can be. Whenever I claim that my characters speak to me, I usually get the funny looks, followed by the awkward silence. Perhaps I should stop saying that.

My books: My 4 book series is a contemporary Young Adult Fantasy/Romance. I've actually put it on the back burner after much querying and no bites. I think I'm going to try to get into the biz with my recently completed novel which is also a Young Adult Fantasy. I know, I'm being vague. Sorry. It's my nature to be extra paranoid/protective of my ideas. I'm sure I'll get over it soon, or maybe not. Smile Oh, and I also co-authored a book that is sitting on an agent's desk write now. (Cross your fingers for me, I find out monday) It is a middle grade book in diary form. It's actually a notebook of sorts written between two thirteen year old girls. That one was really fun to write.

Anyway, that's my writing life in a nutshell (well, actually in two paragraphs, but whatever).
Back to top Go down
Novel-Goddess
Editor of the Board
Novel-Goddess

Female
Number of posts : 505
Job/hobbies : I write stuff.
Humor : My entire life is one of those "you had to be there" jokes.

PostSubject: Re: Hello....uh....yeah   Hello....uh....yeah EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 1:12 pm

Hey hey hey and welcome to this crazy little corner of the Internet!

I have problems with the weird looks, too...especially when I start talking to my characters and they talk back and I realize that I've been saying everything out loud...true story.

Hope you like it here!

And wow, four kids...my mom just has me and my two little brothers and she still doesn't have time for anything. You must be Superwoman.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jenniferwhite.webs.com
daeonica
Editor of the Board
daeonica

Female
Number of posts : 369
Job/hobbies : on my gap year!

PostSubject: Re: Hello....uh....yeah   Hello....uh....yeah EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 1:49 pm

Hey!
Welcome to the boards!

I hope you find them helpful, and that you also have fun here. Which corner of the world do you hail from?

~daeonica
Back to top Go down
emilycross
The Boss of the Board
emilycross

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Hello....uh....yeah   Hello....uh....yeah EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 1:57 pm

Hey Kasie, Welcome to the thread, its great to have you here and if you have any questions feel free to pm me or the mods any time!

wow four kids - but five books (now thats amazing! - i'm really envious). No worries about scaring us, i think we're all cut from same bark as writers. I love Ya fantasy and adult fantasy so its great to have you here.

enjoy yourself and feel free to add topics that you feel are missing Very Happy

I'll be crossing all body parts for you for monday - that is so exciting! You'll have to tell us how it goes (and what it was like to co-author a book too!) it sounds really interesting!
Back to top Go down
https://thewriterschronicle.forumotion.net
kasie
Brainstorming for Ideas

PostSubject: Re: Hello....uh....yeah   Hello....uh....yeah EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 2:05 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I am out here in Sunny California. Although the last few days have been rather dreary. Not that it matters, I'm pretty much a recluse. Until boating season that is...yeah-ah. Love it.
Back to top Go down
Ren
L'amour de Morgan
Ren

Male
Number of posts : 249
Job/hobbies : Daydreamning
Humor : Who? Where?

PostSubject: Re: Hello....uh....yeah   Hello....uh....yeah EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 10:00 pm

Hii! Wow! I'm a wannabe writer. I have like five books started, but I've never actually finished anything. How exciting to be published! I'm a touch envious. Welcome to the forum! Hope to hear lots of words of wisdom from you!!

<3 Ren
Back to top Go down
kasie
Brainstorming for Ideas

PostSubject: Re: Hello....uh....yeah   Hello....uh....yeah EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 11:16 pm

Ren, nope, I'm not published. Just hoping to be. So no words of wisdom yet. Smile lol
Back to top Go down
Ren
L'amour de Morgan
Ren

Male
Number of posts : 249
Job/hobbies : Daydreamning
Humor : Who? Where?

PostSubject: Re: Hello....uh....yeah   Hello....uh....yeah EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 11:20 pm

Oh I bet you do have words of wisdom... I mean, completing something! How incredible. I have yet to get that far yet. Smile

<3 Ren
Back to top Go down
pronetoidiocy
Outlining the plot

Female
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Hello....uh....yeah   Hello....uh....yeah EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 2:46 am

Hey Kasie, I'm in California too, though it definitely has been dreary. Congrats on having written that many books, I can't even get out a full short story. I blame it on my small attention span.
Back to top Go down
Lapillus
Informatio consuasor
Lapillus

Female
Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello....uh....yeah   Hello....uh....yeah EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 8:47 pm

Hello! My name is Kasie too, except it's Casey. Smile I'm also in California. And, I also write MG and YA fantasy, go figure. Best wishes on your novels!
Back to top Go down
http://caseylmccormick.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello....uh....yeah   Hello....uh....yeah Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello....uh....yeah
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Writer's Chronicle :: Welcome to the Chronicles :: Introductions-
Jump to: