The Writer's Chronicle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LOOK OUT PUBLISHING WORLD! WE'RE MASSING TOGETHER AND ARE ON OUR WAY!

WC HomeHomeWC BlogPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alice has arrived

Go down 
+4
ReNu
emilycross
Novel-Goddess
AliceKildaire
8 posters
AuthorMessage
AliceKildaire
Brainstorming for Ideas
AliceKildaire

Female
Number of posts : 13
Job/hobbies : writer, editor, PR consultant, random scribbler, muse wrestler
Humor : sheesh, I have to be amusing too?? lol
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Alice has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Alice has arrived   Alice has arrived EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 4:03 pm

Hello there.

First a confession: Alice Kildaire is not my real name *gasp* affraid It came to me in the middle of the night and since a Google search said no creature by such name existed in cyber space, I claimed it for my own. At the time, I was the editor of a small town newspaper so it seemed necessary to have an alter-ego. The name stuck and here I am.

I'm in my early 30s and have known since I was 12 and filled a notebook with lyrical scribblings that I was, at heart, a writer. I do not claim to be any good at it, but it's all that I know.

I am one of the lucky ones. I am paid to write. Kind of. I skipped college and went straight to the business of living and working in the "real" world. Somehow I landed at a small-town newspaper as a reporter. The following year I was named associate editor and the year after, editor. I loved every aspect of the job, but was disheartened by the complete lack of ethics and morality shown by the company that owned the paper. No I left on principle and, while I miss the job and am hounded by members of the community to return, I do not regret that decision.

Since then I've worked as a freelance writer for a number of publications, edited a few novels for a self-publisher, done quite a bit of PR work and served as a consultant on a Congressional campaign. I'm pretty sure that qualifies me as a nerd. study

I am currently in the process of switching gears and returning to my roots, creative writing. When I was young, I focused mostly on poetry, pouring out hundreds of pieces, most of which aren't worthy to ever see the light of day and rattled off a number of short stories and novellas. These days I stick mostly to prose with an emphasis on pieces that examine and reflect the human condition and am currently wrestling with the prospect of finally moving the novel in my mind to the page. However, at the moment I'm juggling one large PR project, a part-time job and an EMT course in addition to my duties as a wife and mother. Of course, we all know the "real" reason I haven't tackled the book is that I still fail to view myself as a "real" writer. Rolling Eyes

My blog, Indiscriminate Scribbles, is exactly what the name implies. I do not hold it up as a literary work, nor do I intend it to be viewed as such. It's simply a filter for the crap that flies through my mind. Quite obviously, I am prone to rambling and run-on sentences and am a firm believer in the use of emoticons. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://indiscriminatescribbles.blogspot.com/
Novel-Goddess
Editor of the Board
Novel-Goddess

Female
Number of posts : 505
Job/hobbies : I write stuff.
Humor : My entire life is one of those "you had to be there" jokes.
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Alice has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice has arrived   Alice has arrived EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 4:10 pm

Hey and welcome! I'm Novel-Goddess, but you can call me Novel. Smile If you have any questions or anything, PM me or any of the other mods. We're the people with purple/pink (whatever it is) names.

I notice that you're from the Southeast. What part, may I ask?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jenniferwhite.webs.com
emilycross
The Boss of the Board
emilycross

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Alice has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice has arrived   Alice has arrived EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 4:30 pm

Hi Alice *waves*

Welcome to the board and thank you for joining - its great!

wow your credentials are amazing, i am in awe! It great to have you on the board here. Oh btw you mentioned your blog, maybe you could post a link so people can connect to it? I know i will be Wink

Oh also if you feel theres a topic or issue missing from the board please add it, and if you have any questions or issues feel free to pm me or the other mods.

Btw, thought you'd like to know that there is a county in Ireland called Kildare (the county of horse racing) - as you can tell i'm irish.

Its a great pen name Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://thewriterschronicle.forumotion.net
AliceKildaire
Brainstorming for Ideas
AliceKildaire

Female

Alice has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice has arrived   Alice has arrived EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 6:00 pm

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome! I love you

Novel: I've lived in Georgia and North Carolina so I have a nice thick Southern accent.

Emily: thanks, but my credentials are nowhere near as "amazing" as I would like them to be. I still have much more I'd like to accomplish, but I can definitely offer some real world insight into the world of journalism and freelance writing!

Oh and here's the link to my blog: Indisciminate Scribbles. It's not for the easily offended however. I often scribble about adult subjects and use adult language. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Novel-Goddess
Editor of the Board
Novel-Goddess

Female
Number of posts : 505
Job/hobbies : I write stuff.
Humor : My entire life is one of those "you had to be there" jokes.

Alice has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice has arrived   Alice has arrived EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 6:02 pm

GA and NC, huh? I'm a native Floridian, myself. Which, as anybody will tell you, is totally NOT the South, culture-wise. I live in Mississippi now, though. Whee...

Coolio. I'll add your blog to my list later on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jenniferwhite.webs.com
ReNu
Lois Lane has nothing on ReNu
ReNu

Female
Number of posts : 382
Job/hobbies : Working journalist, aspiring novelist, history buff, collector of vintage fountain pens and war medals.
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Alice has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice has arrived   Alice has arrived EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 9:27 pm

Wow! An editor and freelance writer! I'm a student of Journalism, and I'm going to bombard you with questions.
Back to top Go down
http://write-ideas14.blogspot.com/
Ren
L'amour de Morgan
Ren

Male
Number of posts : 249
Job/hobbies : Daydreamning
Humor : Who? Where?

Alice has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice has arrived   Alice has arrived EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 10:09 pm

Hi Alice! Welcome to the boards! Love the penname, by the way. Your credentials, though you may not think are particularly amazing, are rather impressive for those of us who simply doodle out story ideas on the backs of papers. I really look forward to seeing you around the forums and learning something or two from you. Smile Please don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions - I'm friendly!

<3 Ren
Back to top Go down
AliceKildaire
Brainstorming for Ideas
AliceKildaire

Female

Alice has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice has arrived   Alice has arrived EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 11:07 pm

Novel: well Florida might not count as the south, but Mississippi definitely counts as DEEP south!!

ReNu: Feel free to PM or email me with any questions you might have. I'll be happy to share what I know.

Ren: thanks for the warm welcome, I'm really looking forward to getting to know you guys. I'm happy to share what I've learned along the way and figure all the great energy around here will be extremely renewing!
Back to top Go down
daeonica
Editor of the Board
daeonica

Female
Number of posts : 369
Job/hobbies : on my gap year!

Alice has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice has arrived   Alice has arrived EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 7:07 am

Hey Alice!

It's great to have someone here with experience in the journalism world. I think a lot of us might have questions about that, or ambitions to working as something like a journalist at some point.

Fancy telling us a bit about the novel you're going to write down sometime? We're all very curious people here.

Hope you have a good time here!
~daeonica
Back to top Go down
Lady Glamis
Outlining the plot
Lady Glamis

Female
Number of posts : 38
Job/hobbies : sahm, writing, photography
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Alice has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice has arrived   Alice has arrived EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 7:21 am

Welcome, Alice!

I really do like that name, especially the surname. I wish a cool one would come visit me sometime. I can't really publish under my online alias. Smile

Sounds like you'll fit right in here! Welcome aboard!

My Blog: http://theinnocentflower.blogspot.com
Back to top Go down
http://theinnocentflower.blogspot.com/
Lapillus
Informatio consuasor
Lapillus

Female
Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Alice has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice has arrived   Alice has arrived EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 9:08 pm

Hello! Great name and what fabulous experience! Best wishes on your creative endeavors.
Back to top Go down
http://caseylmccormick.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Alice has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice has arrived   Alice has arrived Empty

Back to top Go down

Alice has arrived
Page 1 of 1