The Writer's Chronicle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LOOK OUT PUBLISHING WORLD! WE'RE MASSING TOGETHER AND ARE ON OUR WAY!

WC HomeHomeWC BlogPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What are you working on right now?

Go down 
+11
Anne Gilbert
daeonica
Clare C.G
I_am_Tulsa
Novel-Goddess
iHeart
ReNu
Lapillus
Scratchy Paw's master
Bluepolarbear
emilycross
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
emilycross
The Boss of the Board
emilycross

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2009-02-05

What are you working on right now? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now?   What are you working on right now? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2009 3:36 pm

Well at the moment i'm working on my second last assignment cheers then i have to study for exams. and then i have two months to do my masters thesis, but i plan to after my exams to work 9-5 mon-fri on my thesis and then dedicate the rest of my time to my wip.

i really miss it! So sick of this course. . .
Back to top Go down
https://thewriterschronicle.forumotion.net
ReNu
Lois Lane has nothing on ReNu
ReNu

Female
Number of posts : 382
Job/hobbies : Working journalist, aspiring novelist, history buff, collector of vintage fountain pens and war medals.
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now?   What are you working on right now? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 4:49 am

Good luck with it, Emily!

I've finished my exams, dissert and viva voce; now trying to get about 500 words a day. I used to write 1000 words a day DURING my exams. Now that the exams are over, the brain seems to have had a meltdown.
Back to top Go down
http://write-ideas14.blogspot.com/
emilycross
The Boss of the Board
emilycross

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now?   What are you working on right now? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 5:38 am

ReNu - thats always the way though!!! you work hard and then its like your brain implodes Laughing
Back to top Go down
Anne Gilbert
Outlining the plot
Anne Gilbert

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-05-05

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now?   What are you working on right now? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 1:36 pm

All:

I'm working on revising(very drastically in some places) the first book in my trilogy The Invaders, and finishing up the first draft of the third book. It's called The Melding
Anne G
Back to top Go down
ReNu
ReNu

Female
Job/hobbies : Working journalist, aspiring novelist, history buff, collector of vintage fountain pens and war medals.

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now?   What are you working on right now? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 9:48 pm

I like the name of your third book, Anne. The meaning is intriguing and it sounds nice.
Back to top Go down
gobblegobble
Editing the First draft
gobblegobble

Female
Number of posts : 251
Job/hobbies : My job is being a Mom and My hobby is writing.
Humor : "Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice!"
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now?   What are you working on right now? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 10:15 pm

ReNu wrote:
I like the name of your third book, Anne. The meaning is intriguing and it sounds nice.

I definitely agree with ReNu on that. It is a very interesting title and I would love to read a scifi/historical fiction novel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gobblingthesnippets.blogspot.com
Anne Gilbert
Outlining the plot
Anne Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now?   What are you working on right now? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 12:05 am

ReNu:

Thanks. I'm glad you like it, because I'm not entirely satisfied with it, and may change it. If I can think of anything better, that is.
Anne G
Back to top Go down
Anne Gilbert
Outlining the plot
Anne Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now?   What are you working on right now? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 12:08 am

Gobblegobble:

Well, you can, but it's a trilogy, and The Melding is the final book. BTW, it started out as one book, but one book would have been nearly 1,000 pages long, so I divided it. The first book is The Invaders, and I'm revising that. The middle book is The Harrying, and I haven't gotten to revision on that yet. I'll letcha all know, though. . . .
Anne G

gobblegobble wrote:
ReNu wrote:

I definitely agree with ReNu on that. It is a very interesting title and I would love to read a scifi/historical fiction novel.
Back to top Go down
ReNu
ReNu

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now?   What are you working on right now? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 12:52 pm

I like The Harrying better! Gives me nice images of marauding armies and cavalry charges (that scene in the fields of Pelennor where Eowyn and Co. CHAAAAAAAARGE in Lord of the Rings III?)
Back to top Go down
Anne Gilbert
Outlining the plot
Anne Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now?   What are you working on right now? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 3:17 pm

ReNu:

Like I said, The Harrying is the middle book, and like most middles, a lot happens. It's "big". And yeah, there are armies and fighting and a bit of "sorcery" and some other stuff. The Melding concludes things, in a nice way, I hope.
Back to top Go down
Novel-Goddess
Editor of the Board
Novel-Goddess

Female
Number of posts : 505
Job/hobbies : I write stuff.
Humor : My entire life is one of those "you had to be there" jokes.
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now?   What are you working on right now? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 3:40 pm

I'm taking a writer's weekend this week. Tonight, Saturday, and Sunday will be spent on the second draft of The Enigma. I was contemplating going back to work on something else that I've been toying with or writing short tie-in stories for The Surface of the Deep, but The Enigma's been calling to me lately. Plus I know that Gobble wants to read it, and she can't read it until it's, you know, readable.

So yeah. Draft two of The Enigma. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.jenniferwhite.webs.com
gobblegobble
Editing the First draft
gobblegobble

Female
Number of posts : 251
Job/hobbies : My job is being a Mom and My hobby is writing.
Humor : "Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice!"
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now?   What are you working on right now? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 11:40 pm

YAY NOVEL! I'm so glad you're going to work on that one. I really should get writing done. Although having high levels of stress worrying about where I'm going to live when I move doesn't help with writing much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gobblingthesnippets.blogspot.com
Anne Gilbert
Outlining the plot
Anne Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now?   What are you working on right now? - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 12:16 am

gobblegobble:

Nothing like the stress of moving and finding a place to move to -- except for the stress of having to find another job! I do hope you get that resolved quickly, so you can get back to writing.
Anne G

gobblegobble wrote:
YAY NOVEL! I'm so glad you're going to work on that one. I really should get writing done. Although having high levels of stress worrying about where I'm going to live when I move doesn't help with writing much.
Back to top Go down
RosyT
Fleshing out those Characters

Female
Number of posts : 71
Job/hobbies : University lecturer; novelist
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now?   What are you working on right now? - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 12:20 am

Wow, Goddess, I’ve always wanted to go on a writing weekend. Hope you have a wonderful time.

And Anne, I LOVE the tile ‘The Harrying’.

I am feeling all light-headed today because yesterday I just put the final full-stop at the end of my WIP, and sent it off to my agent and editor before I could change my mind! Final count, 124,334 words – pretty close to the contractual target of 120k. Trouble is, this morning, I haven’t been able to resist opening the file and tinkering… It’s so hard to let go of your characters don’t you find, at the end of a project? I feel a weight off my shoulders – near the end of a book I always get feverish to be finished – but also a little bereft.

Rosy
Back to top Go down
http://www.rosythornton.com
Novel-Goddess
Editor of the Board
Novel-Goddess

Female
Humor : My entire life is one of those "you had to be there" jokes.

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now?   What are you working on right now? - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 12:48 am

Lol, Gobble. You're one of the reasons that I decided to work on it. Smile Hope you can get back to writing soon.

Rosy -- That's awesome! I love wrapping up stories. And I totally get what you mean -- I keep going back into my filing cabinet and pulling out my notes pages for old projects and adding to them. I even wrote a spinoff short story for tSotD. Er. Make that two. No, wait. To date, I've written THREE short stories based on tSotD. I just love my characters. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TepidDreams
Brainstorming for Ideas
TepidDreams

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now?   What are you working on right now? - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 10:50 am

So now that I am finished with school for the year, I decided to get back to writing. One of my older, still unfinished stories, has been calling me lately and I decided to go back to it. I spent most of last night piecing it back together and adding filler making it make more sense and adding subplots. It's so great to work again on Silver, it's been almost a year. So nice to take a break from vampires and write about werewolves.
Back to top Go down
emilycross
The Boss of the Board
emilycross

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now?   What are you working on right now? - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 11:53 am

aw congrats tepid!!! i wish i was where you are (as in being finished)

great to hear your working on your old story - werewolves are supposed to be the new vampires this year Wink
Back to top Go down
TepidDreams
Brainstorming for Ideas
TepidDreams

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now?   What are you working on right now? - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 4:27 pm

Well at least I'm keeping up with the trends, lol. But really I find werewolves fascinating, so much fun!
Back to top Go down
Anne Gilbert
Outlining the plot
Anne Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now?   What are you working on right now? - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 5:39 pm

I used to read a lot of werewolf and vampire stuff, before it got as popular as it is now. So for my own writing, I wanted to get away from that! If you want to know wnat I'm doing(and why it's science fiction/historica/romantic, I'm working on. . . .hee, hee, hee. . .oh never mind. Just take a look at the picture that heads my blog The Writer's Daily Grind, and I think you'll get it.
Anne G
Back to top Go down
*Moonlight_Mania*
Still typing first draft
*Moonlight_Mania*

Female
Number of posts : 203
Job/hobbies : Occupation: Student. Hobbies: Writing (duh), playing around with Photoshop, and singing.
Humor : Laughing at my spastic self
Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now?   What are you working on right now? - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 5:22 pm

I really wouldn't consider my WIP sci-fi, but there's some sorcery and demons in it, etc. I'm having trouble making the story have more action in it, though. >_<; I would write a few chapters, then go "But there's no ACTION in it! I'm so BORED!" And if I'm bored with my OWN novel, everyone else will be, too...
Back to top Go down
http://member.mibba.com/54014/
Anne Gilbert
Outlining the plot
Anne Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now?   What are you working on right now? - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 8:37 pm

Moonlight Mania:

You don't have to have a lot of "action" in a story for it to be interesting, so I wouldn't worry about that right now. All you have to do at this point is have them do something once in a while, and change, or be changed by what they do. Just keep working on your story, and I'm sure you'll come up with something!
Anne G
Back to top Go down
Novel-Goddess
Editor of the Board
Novel-Goddess

Female
Humor : My entire life is one of those &quot;you had to be there&quot; jokes.

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now?   What are you working on right now? - Page 2 EmptySun May 24, 2009 9:02 pm

I've been working on The Silent Halls and The Enigma over the past little bit, but I got dragged back into The Surface of the Deep today. See, I'm going to let my parents read it and I just wanted to do a read-through, but I keep finding things that I'm not happy with, mainly in the first four chapters.

So, yeah, I've been going back through that.
Back to top Go down
daeonica
Editor of the Board
daeonica

Female
Number of posts : 369
Job/hobbies : on my gap year!

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now?   What are you working on right now? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2009 9:51 am

I'm trying to work out some aims & objectives for the 'bad guys' in a new story. I've written the first couple of k works, and am now looking at more planning. Find out about the bad guys is fun, though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Anne Gilbert
Outlining the plot
Anne Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now?   What are you working on right now? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2009 5:52 pm

daeonica:

How interesting! But then, bad guys are always interesting, and a lot of fun to write. The guy in my novel(s) that started out to be a "bad guy" is now an antihero, and his brother is the real bad guy! The brother wasn't much of a feature in the first draft, either.
Anne G
Back to top Go down
emilycross
The Boss of the Board
emilycross

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now?   What are you working on right now? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 11:30 am

I've finished my exams, and have recovered (mostly Laughing ) so now, i'm working on my thesis mon-thurs and my novel fri-sun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on right now?   What are you working on right now? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you working on right now?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next