The Writer's Chronicle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LOOK OUT PUBLISHING WORLD! WE'RE MASSING TOGETHER AND ARE ON OUR WAY!

WC HomeHomeWC BlogPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Whoozits what? [General Discussion]

Go down 
+9
daeonica
ReNu
imaginary
emilycross
Bluepolarbear
sdficklin
pronetoidiocy
Novel-Goddess
Ren
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ren
L'amour de Morgan
Ren

Male
Number of posts : 249
Job/hobbies : Daydreamning
Humor : Who? Where?
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Whoozits what? [General Discussion] Empty
PostSubject: Whoozits what? [General Discussion]   Whoozits what? [General Discussion] EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 5:09 pm

I bet you could all come up with something way more interesting (and relevant) than my thread topic.

Okay, so we have threads for characters talking in your heads, getting help from your peers, help with publishing, writing contests, the Twilight Movie, Stephen King and EVERYTHING in between, but there's no place to just... talk.

So I made a thread. Hopefully Emily won't be like "What the heck, Ren!?" which is possible. People do that to me all the time. But I made it in the off-topic forum, so it should be safe. What's the topic? Anything you want. It'll be like a non-live chatroom. Talk about whatever you want, writing-related, what your kids did today, what your husband got you for Valentine's Day, what crazy thing you saw on the side of the road today, whatever you want.

Rules:

1. This is NOT a gutter thread! (For those of you who know what I'm talking about...I'm watching you... cyclops ) Keep it clean.
2. Just the general play-nice rule
3. Lets not get our board shut down. If you wouldn't say it to your grandmother, let's not say it here. :p

Yay! Now go, chat, and have fun! These sorts of threads are a great way to get to know the regular members of the forum!

A question to kick off discussion - who likes flowers? I love daisies. Anyone have gardens? How was your day? Anything exciting happen? Personally, I fell down a flight of stairs. Yay! (Have something better to talk about? Go for it.)

<3 Ren
Back to top Go down
Novel-Goddess
Editor of the Board
Novel-Goddess

Female
Number of posts : 505
Job/hobbies : I write stuff.
Humor : My entire life is one of those &quot;you had to be there&quot; jokes.

PostSubject: Re: Whoozits what? [General Discussion]   Whoozits what? [General Discussion] EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 5:31 pm

You fell down a flight of stairs? Pfft. I totally win. I almost puked on a teacher. affraid

I love flowers!!!! Roses are the best. Bright red roses with little tiny drops of clear, sparkling dew that smell like HEAVEN. Muwahaha.

Yes...I know...cliched rose-lover. So sue me. Wink

Gardens rock. Doubly so if they have good-smelling flowers. Triply so if they have butterflies that fly around the good-smelling flowers!!! QUADRUPLE AWESOME POINTS if there's a big stretch of tall, crisp green grass under a big shady oak tree. PERFECT place for writing...

*Sigh* Heaven. Yes. Aahh....

Oooh, you know what's amazing? Pie. What's your favorite kind of pie? Mine's called Kentucky Derby Pie and it has chocolate and walnuts and pecans and it's YUUUUUUM. I only make it once a year, on Thanksgiving. Actually, since my dad's a chef and he has full run of the kitchen on Thanksgiving, I make it the night before (anybody with a chef in the house knows -- when superchef is in cooking mode, don't go into the kitchen unless you're prepared to be screamed at, cursed out, and then handed a bowl with orders to mix it all up and mix it GOOD. To which your only reply is "YES CHEF!")

(Um...no, my dad isn't Gordon Ramsay. He's met him, though. He says Gordon really isn't that mean, he just is on TV...)

Anybody watch Food Network?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jenniferwhite.webs.com
pronetoidiocy
Outlining the plot

Female
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Whoozits what? [General Discussion]   Whoozits what? [General Discussion] EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 7:03 pm

Love the idea Ren.
I have no children or husbands (well, hopefully not) to speak of, so I'll steal your flower topic. Yellow roses are my favorite, so Novel, you aren't the only cliched rose lover.

There was a police chase in Hollywood lsat night that I watched on the news. The guy went really slow for a while then he pulled over and just sat in his car. Well, I stopped watching after about an hour of that, then about half an hour later, SWAT busted in his window and found that he had shot himself in the head. How very sad.

Oh, and Novel, when you said you like pie, it reminded me of the character Dean Winchester from Supernatural. He loves him some pie. His words, not mine.
Back to top Go down
Novel-Goddess
Editor of the Board
Novel-Goddess

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whoozits what? [General Discussion]   Whoozits what? [General Discussion] EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 7:09 pm

pronetoidiocy wrote:
Oh, and Novel, when you said you like pie, it reminded me of the character Dean Winchester from Supernatural. He loves him some pie. His words, not mine.

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAN!!! YOU ARE MY BEST FRIEND.

Hahahaha. I'm such a Supernatural fanatic. Razz
Back to top Go down
Ren
L'amour de Morgan
Ren

Male

PostSubject: Re: Whoozits what? [General Discussion]   Whoozits what? [General Discussion] EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 7:45 pm

Hahaha. I like roses too. Daisies are just so dern cute. And apparently, I was told that in some myth/legend when God made flowers, daisies were a mistake, but He kept them anyway because He loved them. <3 Aww.

Yeah. Re-strained my quads. Stupid stairs. Stupid Bella-attack. Least I wasn't carrying pie?

I'm such a TruTV junking. I'm sitting here, watching car chases and drinking apple juice. (This is AFTER I spent like, four hours hunting down male model sites to try and find a picture for my male lead, and then failing. See the Novel>Cover thread for further information. I made a mock cover!! I love me some photoshop! (and pie) )

<3 Ren
Back to top Go down
Novel-Goddess
Editor of the Board
Novel-Goddess

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whoozits what? [General Discussion]   Whoozits what? [General Discussion] EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 7:48 pm

^Hey, did you try ModelMayhem.com's browse feature? That's how I find most of my character pics.
Back to top Go down
Ren
L'amour de Morgan
Ren

Male

PostSubject: Re: Whoozits what? [General Discussion]   Whoozits what? [General Discussion] EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 7:51 pm

I think... I tried... like four different ones... Maybe I missed that one. I tried so many. And DA. Oh man. I had to take mature content filter off to see most of the clean ones... I saw WAY more than I wanted to.

And I just realized, on the main page, if you hit "Who's Online?" you can see a map where everyone is from, and a guest was logged on from Taiwan. Unless Novel is from there, but I'm pretty sure she was the southernly-labeled one. (Assuming it has me right in Arizona, that is.)

<3 Ren
Back to top Go down
Novel-Goddess
Editor of the Board
Novel-Goddess

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whoozits what? [General Discussion]   Whoozits what? [General Discussion] EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 7:57 pm

Whoa! I didn't know that we had a map!! That's so awesome! I LOVE maps!

*Proceeds to giggle like a hyena with no signs of stopping*

Ray: Please excuse Novel. She is sick and strung out on Dimentaap.
Lucifer: Until then, we are her characters.
Ray: Coming to you live from...
Lucifer and Ray: NOVEL'S MIND!!
Evelyne: *Sigh* The Devil and a borderline sociopathic vampire...best friends.
Ari: We're doomed.

*Ahem*

Sorry for that. Those were some of my characters...they like to randomly comment on my daily activities and whatnot.

Taiwan, huh? Interesting.
Back to top Go down
pronetoidiocy
Outlining the plot

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whoozits what? [General Discussion]   Whoozits what? [General Discussion] EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 8:33 pm

Woo hoo! Another Supernatural fanatic! I'm like borderline stalker...only not. Do we have a tv section yet in the Off The Script section? We really should.

Pie reminds me of cake. I just made some marble cake last night with fudge frosting. It was yummy.

Hey, does anyone have a facebook? I am absolutely in love with facebook, so much to the point of wanting to delete my Myspace.
Back to top Go down
Ren
L'amour de Morgan
Ren

Male

PostSubject: Re: Whoozits what? [General Discussion]   Whoozits what? [General Discussion] EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 9:06 pm

Hahaha Prone, I was about to go "Oh, oh pick me! I have facebook!" ...we're already friends. This is the part where I just go to bed and try again tomorrow. :p

<3 Ren
Back to top Go down
Ren
L'amour de Morgan
Ren

Male

PostSubject: Re: Whoozits what? [General Discussion]   Whoozits what? [General Discussion] EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 12:58 pm

I apologize for the double post - I don't know where we stand on double posting on this forum - buuuut...

Note of humor: I was going through editing my profile (which still isn't working but that's for a different thread) and I accidentally mistyped my birthyear (1087 instead of 1987) and I was told this forum doesn't accept anyone over 99 years old! My Grandmother is 96! What happens in four years? She wouldn't be allowed to put her real birthday in. Not that she could - poor thing is so frail...

But I'm curious. If I put in my birthday so I am 99, and then I turn "100" on my next birthday (Or any day, since you can set the date) does it kick me out?

I was just amused and wanted to share...

<3 Ren
Back to top Go down
sdficklin
Outlining the plot
sdficklin

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Whoozits what? [General Discussion]   Whoozits what? [General Discussion] EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 1:06 pm

Novel-Goddess wrote:
pronetoidiocy wrote:

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAN!!! YOU ARE MY BEST FRIEND.

Hahahaha. I'm such a Supernatural fanatic. Razz

Dude, I feel so at home here. Did you see that episode a few weeks ago, 'Chriss Angel is a douche bag'? That was so awsome! geek
Back to top Go down
http://sherryficklin.com/Home_Page.html
pronetoidiocy
Outlining the plot

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whoozits what? [General Discussion]   Whoozits what? [General Discussion] EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 3:20 pm

I don't know Ren, I would totally try it and set my birthday for the next day and see what happens...but then if it kicked you off would you lose all your posts?

sdficklin, is it okay if I call you Fick for short? I know that's a weird way to abbrieviate your name, but I think it's rather cool. Anyway, I did see that episode, and I think even more that the episode I loved the title. I can't believe the network let them get away that. The actor they had on thier was kind of douchey though. Did you happen to see Jensen Ackle's performance at the end of Yellow Fever? Nobody ever made Eye Of The Tiger look so good.
Back to top Go down
Novel-Goddess
Editor of the Board
Novel-Goddess

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whoozits what? [General Discussion]   Whoozits what? [General Discussion] EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 4:35 pm

Hahahahahahaaaa, yeeeeeeeeeeeessssss! Eye of the Tiger! That was awesome!!

Yellow Fever rocked.

The Dean Scream, anybody?
Back to top Go down
Bluepolarbear
March Competition Winner
Bluepolarbear

Female
Number of posts : 162
Job/hobbies : Once Therapist, now SAHM.
Humor : Yes Please!

PostSubject: Re: Whoozits what? [General Discussion]   Whoozits what? [General Discussion] EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 3:15 pm

I love Tulips! Those are my favorite flowers. But I also like it when my husband gets me Roses, it's so romantic!

Dean is pretty cute, I stopped watching the show a while ago though because it clashes with The Office, and I really like that show.

I found out I'm having a Baby Boy! He's due around July 17. I will tell my husband tonight, he decided to do to the gifts after Friday dinner instead of tomorrow. I think it's because he wants to find out what the baby is.

I was really lucky though, I wasn't scheduled for another ultrasound until March 10, but once I explained to the OB that my husband leaves for boot camp and basic training next week (On Tuesday now) and that I probably wouldn't see him until the baby was born they went ahead and did the ultrasound. She was really nice and said there was definitely something down there that wasn't the umbilical cord! That's the second ultrasound that I got the "it looks boyish" on. So we're pretty positive it's a boy (there is no way to be 100 percent positive until the baby is out). Wouldn't it be funny though if it really were a girl? Luckily I'm doing the nursery neutral!
Back to top Go down
Novel-Goddess
Editor of the Board
Novel-Goddess

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whoozits what? [General Discussion]   Whoozits what? [General Discussion] EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 4:15 pm

Aw, a baby boy! That's awesome! Smile My mom said to tell you to catch up on your sleep NOW before it's too late. Razz
Back to top Go down
emilycross
The Boss of the Board
emilycross

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Whoozits what? [General Discussion]   Whoozits what? [General Discussion] EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 4:46 pm

Oh Blue Congrats!!! a Baby boy - thats wonderful!! have you thought of any names? Oh your baby is going to be a cancer sign! aw. sorry - i know thats a weird thing to say.

but i'm happy for you, i'll be praying for the three of yeh.

Oh also ren - silly woman thinking i'd be like 'what?' - ha i didn't even cop this thread till now. i'm some moderator aren't i? Laughing

i think this is a great thread!
Back to top Go down
https://thewriterschronicle.forumotion.net
Bluepolarbear
March Competition Winner
Bluepolarbear

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whoozits what? [General Discussion]   Whoozits what? [General Discussion] EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 7:15 pm

We changed our mind on the name, we decided Evan sounds better with our last name. Fun Fun!
Back to top Go down
emilycross
The Boss of the Board
emilycross

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whoozits what? [General Discussion]   Whoozits what? [General Discussion] EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 3:53 am

Oh Evan is a beautiful name!!
Back to top Go down
Ren
L'amour de Morgan
Ren

Male

PostSubject: Re: Whoozits what? [General Discussion]   Whoozits what? [General Discussion] EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 4:49 am

I love the name Evan! Congratulations, Blue! That's so exciting. I'll keep all three of you close in my prayers. That's absolutely beautiful. It's got me all giggly now, and I'm not sure why. :p

<3 Ren
Back to top Go down
Bluepolarbear
March Competition Winner
Bluepolarbear

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whoozits what? [General Discussion]   Whoozits what? [General Discussion] EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 10:00 am

Babies have a tendency to make people giggly. I have several friends who have kids already and I was so excited when I found out they were having a baby. Wink
Back to top Go down
Ren
L'amour de Morgan
Ren

Male

PostSubject: Re: Whoozits what? [General Discussion]   Whoozits what? [General Discussion] EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 12:58 pm

I'm giggling already! <3
Back to top Go down
emilycross
The Boss of the Board
emilycross

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whoozits what? [General Discussion]   Whoozits what? [General Discussion] EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 1:11 pm

So do i dare ask, how have you spent your day on this dread of all days Laughing

I had lunch with a friend and chatted about the economy and our lack of job prospects - great fun Laughing

it was nice to catch up though, and thankfully no candles or gushy couples in sight.
Back to top Go down
Novel-Goddess
Editor of the Board
Novel-Goddess

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whoozits what? [General Discussion]   Whoozits what? [General Discussion] EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 1:14 pm

I got out of bed at noon my time, hung out, ate breakfast/lunch, called my nana (it's her birthday) and researched more agents. I'm going to work on queries and finish my short story this weekend.
Back to top Go down
emilycross
The Boss of the Board
emilycross

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whoozits what? [General Discussion]   Whoozits what? [General Discussion] EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 1:16 pm

Aw i like your plans Novel, nice and practical - none of this lovey dovey stuff. Pah!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whoozits what? [General Discussion]   Whoozits what? [General Discussion] Empty

Back to top Go down

Whoozits what? [General Discussion]
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Writer's Chronicle :: AutoBiography Section :: Off the Script-
Jump to: