The Writer's Chronicle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LOOK OUT PUBLISHING WORLD! WE'RE MASSING TOGETHER AND ARE ON OUR WAY!

WC HomeHomeWC BlogPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Yo ho, Yo ho, a Writer's Life for Me

Go down 
+6
gobblegobble
CJRay
emilycross
ReNu
RosyT
Novel-Goddess
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
author_in_progress
Brainstorming for Ideas
author_in_progress

Female
Number of posts : 9
Job/hobbies : Not gainfully employed, but currently writing a fantasy novel. I enjoy reading and listening to music.
Humor : Two blondes walk into a bar. The brunette ducks.
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Yo ho, Yo ho, a Writer's Life for Me - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yo ho, Yo ho, a Writer's Life for Me   Yo ho, Yo ho, a Writer's Life for Me - Page 2 EmptySun May 03, 2009 6:22 am

I am a terrible, terrible procrastinator. So instead of setting myself a time limit, I set myself a daily word limit. I have to write five hundred words a day. Thus far, it's been working pretty well, and I've occasionally gone over (currently am at 2100 words, for three days work.) Because no matter how tired I am, or bored, or just 'don't wanna write' I sit myself down, check the current wordcount, add five hundred, and then tell myself it's not that bad, and write anyway, and then I get tons done.

I haven't yet reached the stage where I'm mumbling to myself or voicing my characters out loud, but I frequently make funny faces, or flail around when I'm trying to picture what they're doing, and how they would flail given a particular situation.
Back to top Go down
emilycross
The Boss of the Board
emilycross

Female
Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Yo ho, Yo ho, a Writer's Life for Me   Yo ho, Yo ho, a Writer's Life for Me - Page 2 EmptySun May 03, 2009 7:56 am

author, this is like the 'page a day' or 'page and change' idea i saw in other places which i think is a great idea.

I'm going to set up a progress report page so we can post and discuss daily progress, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
https://thewriterschronicle.forumotion.net
*Moonlight_Mania*
Still typing first draft
*Moonlight_Mania*

Female
Number of posts : 203
Job/hobbies : Occupation: Student. Hobbies: Writing (duh), playing around with Photoshop, and singing.
Humor : Laughing at my spastic self
Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Yo ho, Yo ho, a Writer's Life for Me   Yo ho, Yo ho, a Writer's Life for Me - Page 2 EmptySun May 03, 2009 3:34 pm

author_in_progress wrote:
I am a terrible, terrible procrastinator. So instead of setting myself a time limit, I set myself a daily word limit. I have to write five hundred words a day. Thus far, it's been working pretty well, and I've occasionally gone over (currently am at 2100 words, for three days work.) Because no matter how tired I am, or bored, or just 'don't wanna write' I sit myself down, check the current wordcount, add five hundred, and then tell myself it's not that bad, and write anyway, and then I get tons done.

I would love to be able to do that, but i just can't seem to write if I'm not in the mood. >_<; It's so frustrating! That's why I have one main story and two other stories that are about twenty pages each, because when I wind up getting stuck on one novel, I work on another one (but I never really expect to finish those before I'm thirty, ah ha!). My writing just seems so...flat when I'm writing when I don't want to.
Back to top Go down
http://member.mibba.com/54014/
Novel-Goddess
Editor of the Board
Novel-Goddess

Female
Number of posts : 505
Job/hobbies : I write stuff.
Humor : My entire life is one of those &quot;you had to be there&quot; jokes.
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Yo ho, Yo ho, a Writer's Life for Me   Yo ho, Yo ho, a Writer's Life for Me - Page 2 EmptySun May 24, 2009 9:19 pm

You know how I know I'm a writer?

I know I'm a writer because I had a dream about my characters last night. And the night before. The night before that, I had a dream about zombies, but the night before that I had another dream about my characters. Laughing

So how do you know you're a writer?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jenniferwhite.webs.com
*Moonlight_Mania*
Still typing first draft
*Moonlight_Mania*

Female
Number of posts : 203
Job/hobbies : Occupation: Student. Hobbies: Writing (duh), playing around with Photoshop, and singing.
Humor : Laughing at my spastic self
Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Yo ho, Yo ho, a Writer's Life for Me   Yo ho, Yo ho, a Writer's Life for Me - Page 2 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 1:40 pm

The fact that I talk about my characters as if they're real people. Like, my friend and are sit near each other in two classes, and we always talk about our roleplay/story we're writing together. Like, "Oh, should we make them kiss now?" or "Craig's favorite color is lavendar." It's actually really funny to see the reactions of everyone around us. They always ask "Who's Craig?" or "Who's Lucy?" etc. It's hysterical. We just look at each other and go "Uhhhh." <3
Back to top Go down
http://member.mibba.com/54014/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yo ho, Yo ho, a Writer's Life for Me   Yo ho, Yo ho, a Writer's Life for Me - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yo ho, Yo ho, a Writer's Life for Me
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2